You're here: Home - Forums - Sky News - D-Day – 60 years on. Login | Register

D-Day – 60 years on.

This topic contains 37 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Gillw gillw 14 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Steven
    Steven
    Participant

Sky are showing an advert trailing their coverage of the 60th anniversary of the D-Day landings.

They’ve alerady sent JT across the channel in the Skycopter for the purpose of the advert.

It looks like they’re going to pull out all the stops for this one, as they should.

LittleRoss
    LittleRoss
    Participant

I saw a trailer for that on BBC 2 Last night, so that was cool – It looks interesting, I might watch it if I’ve got nothing else to do

Breakfast News
    Breakfast News
    Participant

I saw a trailer for that on BBC 2 Last night, so that was cool – It looks interesting, I might watch it if I’ve got nothing else to do

Obviously for the BBC coverage with Huw Edwards – not for Sky – which this thread is for.

Newsroom
    Newsroom
    Participant

o please brekkie!!!

Lil ros wz jst informin uz of da info.

(The txt writing is especially for Kristian)

Johnnie
    Johnnie
    Keymaster

I have an idea. Lets discuss the title subject instead of Hi-Jacking every topic with stupid little disagreements.

SKY NEWS FORUMS – lets discuss Sky News – If you wanna fight go somewhere else.

Cheers,

Johnnie.

LittleRoss
    LittleRoss
    Participant

Yeah, I agree! Lol – everyone seems to have a problem with me

Breakfast News
    Breakfast News
    Participant

Yeah, I agree! Lol – everyone seems to have a problem with me

Awww bo ho

Anyway back to the topic, and BBC/ITV/Sky all seem to be concentraiting heavily on the coverage. Does Sky plan to have anyone out there for D-Day?

Steven
    Steven
    Participant

As I said previously they sent JT out to film the promo-ad. You would think that they would have a team out there.

I’d imagine it’ll involve JT, Kay Burley (any Sky News event without Kay is just . . . well anyway she’ll be there) and Martin Stanford possibly (does he still do Trooping The Colour commentary?).

I have a hunch David Chater will be involved somehow. Naturally Colin Brazier (Europe Correspondent), Geoff Meade (Royal/Defence Corr.) will be on hand. But who else?

Newsroom
    Newsroom
    Participant

I’d imagine it’ll Kay Burley (any Sky News event without Kay is just . . .

absolutely brilliant)….it was great to see Paula on today….so much better!

Paula has really improved the past year…she used to be so dull and now she is the opposite…she was also very lively during the mobile ringtone interview with Martin on SkyNews Today!!

Steven
    Steven
    Participant

I’d imagine it’ll Kay Burley (any Sky News event without Kay is just . . .

absolutely brilliant)….it was great to see Paula on today….so much better!

Clever little trick you did there Newsroom.

You’re right about Paul though, in terms of being good. But not necessarily better than Kay.

Eagleeye
    eagleeye
    Participant

hellooooo….so what was the coverage like, not just who was presenting it please? thanks

Steven
    Steven
    Participant

hellooooo….so what was the coverage like, not just who was presenting it please? thanks

We’ll update you on the coverage when it’s happened.

Today, Colin Brazier did a piece from Germany. Talking about the veterans who fought for Hitler. It raised some interesting thoughts for me personally. The particular German soldier he featured received a medal for his part. He was displaying it, along with other Nazi memorabilia in his flat. All very interesting.

I caught a little bit of News 24 coverage earlier this evening. They had Huw Edwards, in Plymouth, and Darren Jordan, across the channel, reporting. They seem to be putting alot into their coverage.

Easty
    Easty
    Participant

I think it will be JT on the scene – with Kay Burley and Martin Standford in the Studio – making use of heavy News Wall graphics and the slide show over the news room. I would think they would pull Tim Marshall out of the cupboard. As well as Francis Tusa to look at the invision plan.

Could their be a role for Julie Etchingham in the Skycopter?

As you say it does appear they will be pulling out everything in the cupboard. Hopefully Racheal Ammat and Michelle Cliford will be there too.

Newsroom
    Newsroom
    Participant

Sheila,Paula or Juliette or Karin would make better copter viewing.

Easty
    Easty
    Participant

Sheila,Paula or Juliette or Karin would make better copter viewing.

Where are Karin and Juilette – haven’t seen them for ages? As for Shiela she presnted Live at 5 last night, but that is the first time she is appeared for a bit!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.