You're here: Home - Forums - News Coverage - Explosions in Hemel Hempstead Login | Register

Explosions in Hemel Hempstead

This topic contains 30 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Johnnie Johnnie 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Kev667
    kev667
    Participant

At just gone six this morning, i felt my house and roof shake.. i looked out of the window to see if it had got windy and listened downstairs for burglars.. neither were happening.

..sky’s geoff meade was on the line very early, I only tuned in at 0620 as I wasnt aware of anything bad.. he lives in st albans and was woken and called the office. ..a news24 correspondent outside the foreign office in whitehall heard it.

itv news aired a traffic type camera which it said was live barely a minute before sky had a live camera in vision. sky had telephone reports from producers and editors travelling – even julie etch called in saying it woke her up. news24 was very slow compared to sky – even insisting on showing half of their ‘reporters’ programme at 0630 before canning it to cover the rather large news story..

all of the decent eyewitnesses called sky – they were well ahead of anyone else in reporting the wide scale of the noise – people calling in from kent to report in.

…more later when i remember.

Kev667
    kev667
    Participant

Kev667
    kev667
    Participant

sky first on air with any pictures of the event, and first with mobile phone video.

Kev667
    kev667
    Participant

sky’s live camera gets on air.

Kev667
    kev667
    Participant

bbc’s live cam

Kev667
    kev667
    Participant

itv news – first with a live camera, although it didnt say live on it next time they aired it.. :/ sure it was fine.

Kev667
    kev667
    Participant

…….

Kev667
    kev667
    Participant

ITV News do have the most impressive pictures.

Kev667
    kev667
    Participant

this is how newstwentybore reported the story for half an hour, then they went to reporters – a prerecorded programme before cutting it off at 0645ish.. by that time sky had taken dozens of eyewitness calls..

Kev667
    kev667
    Participant

this was snuk at 0618 with geoff meade on the line from st albans reporting more explosions

Kev667
    kev667
    Participant

more

Kaylover
    kaylover
    Participant

Who was on sunrise this morning and is it Juliette Foster and Martin Popplewell live now?

I think Sky have the best live shot at the moment but just seen news 24 have a package on it.

Kev667
    kev667
    Participant

steve gaisford and anjali rao were presenting sunrise this morning. ..they handled it brilliantly, in my opinion – especially at the point where so many reports were coming in from around the country, sky news technical people said they heard it at sky news centre and the mailto:news@sky.com“>news@sky.com mailbox was fullup.. and they managed to keep it all together, bringing all the info together and working out first this was a very large news story …and bringing me the widest range of coverage of any news channel.. a dozen eyewitnesses were spoken to even before the beeb cut off ‘reporters’ ..and were still pondering ‘bangs in hemel hempstead’ …

this beeb pic is good though.. scary.

Kev667
    kev667
    Participant

news24 chopper. i’m surprised sky havent seen it from the air yet. ..i tried to send them an email to remind them, but their mailbox was fullup. honest.

Kev667
    kev667
    Participant

another sky pic, just for the record really.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.