You're here: Home - Forums - BBC News - Favourite weather presenters Login | Register

Favourite weather presenters

This topic contains 18 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Darkjedi23 darkjedi23 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Glenn
    Glenn
    Participant

I have quite a number of favourites, so I’m rather stretched. As far as national goes, I like Martyn Davies and Becky Mantin (when she’s on!). I always favour friendly presenters in addition to professionalism. You can’t find anyone more professional than Martyn in my opinion.

I have a number of favourite regional weather presenters. Again Martyn is a favourite regional presenter via Meridian. I also like Emma Jesson, Charlie Neil (both Central, Wales & West), Kerrie Gosney, Jo Blythe (both Yorkshire, Granada & Border), and I can’t forget Bob Johnson at Tyne Tees. What a guy. I like Carl Tyler (Meridian) too but his appearances are so few and far between nowadays as he’s semi-retired.

Who are your favourite national and regional weather presenter(s)?

Mister_Storm
    Mister_Storm
    Participant

Agree with Becky Mantin, she was on Anglia before she ‘defected’ to main ITV. Before I moved here my favourite would be Carl “misty and murrrky” Tyler.

Gillw
    gillw
    Participant

National : Becky Mantin and Martyn Davies.

Regional: Jo Blythe.

Bee pee
    bee pee
    Participant

my favourite weather presenter is chrissie reidy,but i really liked jo rice,it looks like shes vanished of the face of the earth!

Lee S
    Lee S
    Participant

National: Helen Willetts

Regional: Jo Blythe

Gillw
    gillw
    Participant

bee pee+Aug 29 2005, 09:13 PM(bee pee @ Aug 29 2005, 09:13 PM)

my favourite weather presenter is chrissie reidy,but i really liked jo rice,it looks like shes vanished of the face of the earth!

Chrissie is now the regional forecaster for ITV London.

Dirkyt
    dirkyt
    Participant

I thought Laura Greene was great – but clearly ITV did not, as she is no longer there. Also my former colleague Shereen Tulloch – who had a short spell with GMTV.

Yet the best has to be Carol Kirkwood on the BBC – always smiling (in NOT A FAKE way) and the legendary ‘Heather with the Weather’ Reid. ‘Hello there’ Heather fans. She is with BBC Reporting Scotland

Glenn
    Glenn
    Participant

I’ve noticed that Becky Mantin’s back on the weather after her tenure on This Morning. Bet Martyn and S?an are happy that there’s someone else to work alongisde them. Those two have had to share the work all summer it seems, plus Martyn’s had his shifts on Meridian too!

Alfie
    alfie
    Participant

as i come from the meridian region,its got to be gemma humphries.no matter what the weather,its hot .shes pretty,got a nice rack on her and likes to ride.

http://rapidshare.de/files/4985623/gemma.avihttp://rapidshare.de/files/4985623/gemma.avi>

Gillw
    gillw
    Participant

Sara Thornton is back on Anglia, so has to be her now.

Sir drinks alot
    sir drinks alot
    Participant

Gmtv’s Clare Nasir

Sammy
    sammy
    Participant

anna marie fosse

swedish girl on live tv

u can prove theres a sexier 1

then ur a genius

might b norwegian lol

Sikenward
    sikenward
    Participant

sammy+Sep 30 2005, 08:36 PM(sammy @ Sep 30 2005, 08:36 PM)

u can prove theres a sexier 1

then ur a genius

No contest – Emma Jesson!

Have at look at her website

http://emmajesson.comhttp://emmajesson.com

Glenn
    Glenn
    Participant

Wow I didn’t know there was a website dedicated to her. I like Emma. She’s such a friendly presenter which is always a plus for sure.

Dustymoo
    dustymoo
    Participant

Has anyone seen Kerrie Gosney on Granada News? Wow, like! Also another Granada girl, Joe Blythe, but i think she’s been national a few times i think?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.