You're here: Home - Forums - News Coverage - General rant inspiried by poppy Login | Register

General rant inspiried by poppy

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Daisy Steiner Daisy Steiner 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Irxin
    irxin
    Participant

I have virtually never caught a news broadcast on Channel 4 but I see that Jon Snow refuses to wear a poppy!

That is even worse than the BBC, why don?t the media types live in the real world?

Anti: The Armed Forces and Police

Anti any successful company

Anti any form of personal transport unless it is human powered

Anti food unless it is organic

The list goes on and on, I know they lapse occasionally but Sky News is far more balanced and it does not cost us a penny.

Sorry for a serious observation – I will go back to my usual theme ? Why can?t Sky give Lukwesa Burak a try out on days, perhaps a weekend slot?

Vicky23
    vicky23
    Participant

irxin wrote:I have virtually never caught a news broadcast on Channel 4 but I see that Jon Snow refuses to wear a poppy!

That is even worse than the BBC, why don?t the media types live in the real world?

The list goes on and on, I know they lapse occasionally but Sky News is far more balanced and it does not cost us a penny.

Sorry for a serious observation – I will go back to my usual theme ? Why can?t Sky give Lukwesa Burak a try out on days, perhaps a weekend slot?

I think its disgusting that Jon Snow hasnt been wearing a poppy. Its very disrespectful!

I agree about Sky News, Its a lot more balanced than the terrestrial channels

Every presenter and reporter has a poppy on Sky news

Xxx
    xxx
    Participant

It is a personal opinion whether or not you wear a poppy. Maybe he pays his respect in different ways to the traditional wearing of the poppy. It is up to him and noone should judge him upon that.

Classeyham
    classeyham
    Participant

irxin wrote:I have virtually never caught a news broadcast on Channel 4 but I see that Jon Snow refuses to wear a poppy!

“Luk?”wot you dun…(Slade, 1972).

Dear irxin – I wouldn?t like to discuss Jon Snow refuses to wear a poppy, but in stead the pretty wellknown newcomer, Lukwesa Burak from SN Overnights!

Yes! -Why can?t Sky give her a try out on days, perhaps a week end slot? My answer is: It?s a very good question!

She is the best presenter overnights – but sometimes, the world isn?t only black/white. I had never ever talk with Lukwesa Burak, I never know her, but if she could answer us right here, I think it would be like this: -What one person doesn?t see in you – another certenly will..a.s.o. classey

Daisy Steiner
    Daisy Steiner
    Participant

hey iri…small point, and probably too late now, but shouldn’t ladies/Lukwesa wear their poppy on their RIGHT lapel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.