You're here: Home - Forums - Sky News - Ginny Buckley Login | Register

Ginny Buckley

This topic contains 43 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Ginnyfan ginnyfan 12 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Hullo
    Hullo
    Participant

Can’t say I’ve noticed Ginny Buckley very much, I don’t know if she’s been filling in, but she was dreadful today, nervous, looking in the wrong camera, asking really crap questions in interviews and so on.

At last there’s someone I hate MORE than Emma and Kay!

Can anyone give me background on her. Was she at ITV before (I live abroad and don’t see much ITV)?

James
    James
    Participant

She presented Holiday on BBC One before joining Sky and I must agree she is absolutely awful. We also saw how great she is at breaking news at just gone 12 o’clock this lunchtime.

Sky.dub
    sky.dub
    Participant

Yeah she has presented a few times and her nerves or lack of are awkwardly obvious…I think she can improve though.

Steven
    Steven
    Participant

Yeh I too caught Ginny today and found her to be nervous. Whilst I’m sure she’s a great person and have every confidence that the top-dogs at Sky News have made a good decision, I can’t help feeling that there were plenty of other presenters already ‘on the books’ that could have presented in the SNT PM slot.

Mick
    Mick
    Participant

Ginny is really nice. I like her a lot actually. Leave her alone.

Keep up the good work Ginny, and what a lovely smile you have…… you’re eyes light up your face.

Dirkyt
    dirkyt
    Participant

I am bit wary of the new lot – yet I think that considering the pressure that Ginny must be under at the moment she is doing well. None of the channels current big hitters were any better or worse when they started.

Lay off her as presenting the news from an autocue, having folk in the gallery scream in your ear, having numerous breaking news stories to cover ( as though you are expert in all areas ) and a constantly changing running order over the period of several hours is very demanding.

She’ll get even better – I am sure!!

Hullo
    Hullo
    Participant

She said that one of Harold Pinter’s plays is called “The Birthday Boy” (for those of you who don’t know, it’s “The Birthday Party”). Maybe she mixed it up with Jack Rosenthal’s “Barmitzvah Boy”.

Anyway, look guys, this isn’t a youth club or something, it’s Sky News. It’s meant to be the no. 1 news channel. There’s no room for people who are as wobbly as her (or the reasonably new weather girl with a high-pitched voice whose name escapes me for the moment). We have every right to expect that everybody is a pro on top of their game. If people still need to learn how to keep cool and in control on live TV with people yelling into their ears, surely they should cut their teeth on local TV, not on a major channel.

James
    James
    Participant

Hullo+Oct 14 2005, 09:09 AM(Hullo @ Oct 14 2005, 09:09 AM)

She said that one of Harold Pinter’s plays is called “The Birthday Boy” (for those of you who don’t know, it’s “The Birthday Party”). Maybe she mixed it up with Jack Rosenthal’s “Barmitzvah Boy”.

When she first broke the news, she got his name wrong, then said he’d died, then said what had really happened and then decided to leave it there – she looked a bit worried afterwards.

Dirkyt
    dirkyt
    Participant

I appreciate the recent comments, but I really think we should let her settle in before leading her to the plank.

Dirkyt
    dirkyt
    Participant

Another thing – if she is so bad there is no way a ‘number one’ news channel would allow her on air – as simple as that folks.

Lakewood
    lakewood
    Participant

She also said that he wrote “The french leutenant’s woman” ….

Derek500
    derek500
    Participant

lakewood+Oct 15 2005, 07:37 AM(lakewood @ Oct 15 2005, 07:37 AM)

She also said that he wrote “The french leutenant’s woman” ….

Well, he did write the screenplay for the 1981 movie.

Dirkyt
    dirkyt
    Participant

Ginny is great – I love her rapport with Steve and Mark. She is very relaxed and comes across great.

I love her banter with the two lads – keeping them in check.

Good luck Ginny – I know you can do it!!!

LouNews2005
    LouNews2005
    Participant

Do you ever get the impression that some Sky News presenters want death and destruction in equal measures? I had to laugh when Ginny said old Harold had died when infact he had won an award!

Can’t say I like her much, don’t all shout at me though it is just my opinion! Bring back Viv and Liza who are far more professional.

Lou

Guvnorgaz
    guvnorgaz
    Participant

I dont rate any of the new presenters,and when you consider quality like Anjali Rao is stuck away doing weekends and through the night then it makes it all the more baffling as to why Sky needed them

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.