You're here: Home - Forums - News Coverage - Hurricane Katrina Login | Register

Hurricane Katrina

This topic contains 41 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Johnnie Johnnie 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Johnnie
    Johnnie
    Keymaster

Mark Austin is live in New Orleans tonight, although due to another storm there were a few problems with the live links.

Mark Austin was set to present live from the scene, but ended up only doing one link to a report from Harry Smith. Mark will be back with a ‘live’ at 10:30pm

Robert Moore and Bill Neely are also in the U.S.

Scottish
    scottish
    Participant

Bill Turnbull presented today’s Six O Clock News live from Biloxi, Mississippi

Jon Sopel is in Gulfport, Mississippi for BBC News 24

Reporters in Louisiana and Mississippi include David Willis, Adam Brookes, Alastair Leithead, Matt Frei, James Coomarasamy and Daniel Lak

Dirkyt
    dirkyt
    Participant

And for SKY News we have correspondents and FOX or CBS reporters.

Wonder if Kay or Jeremy will be deployed across there for this VERY VERY big story. Mark Austin has again proven how fantastic a journalist he is. His piece tonight was very good.

Xxx
    xxx
    Participant

Greg was in America today, which I think is a first.

Why aren’t they using Ian Woods, because I don’t think Greg gives the right effect for this type of story.

Johnnie
    Johnnie
    Keymaster

Alastair Stewart’s in Washington

Johnnie
    Johnnie
    Keymaster

ITV News now also has Alastair Stewart reporting from Washington.

Nuggetz
    nuggetz
    Participant

yeh i agree ian woods is much better

Johnnie
    Johnnie
    Keymaster

Martin Geissler is live in Washington for the 10:30.. I’m not sure if he was on the 6:30pm (I missed it)

Johnnie
    Johnnie
    Keymaster

Yes, Martin was there at 6.30 too.

Maybe Alastair’s on his way to the affected area?

Johnnie
    Johnnie
    Keymaster

Kay Burley is now live in New Orleans.

Scottish
    scottish
    Participant

Alex Crawford is also reporting on package from the United States

Dirkyt
    dirkyt
    Participant

as sky lad has been saying kay is in louisiana.

it is good to see a sky presenter on site.

well if she is as good as what she was when reporting from sri lanka – she will be doing well. this is her in her best role – on scene reporter/presenter.

is she actually in new orleans – or is she north of the city’s causeway. matt frei, bill neely and mark austin seem to be in the heart of the city. the bbc’s ten o’clock news package was very good – emotive. there was a group of old ladies being transported – very upsetting. many of them died waiting on the bus to arrive. the heat seems to be unbearable. the stench of dead bodies must hang over many streets in the city and the surrounds.

think georgy porgey will manage to get out of this hole as well. who knows we might even see him get in the thick off it, and help feed and bring clothing and medical aid to the poor and stranded of New Orleans in the next few hours – being such a good christian.

Johnnie
    Johnnie
    Keymaster

scottish+Sep 2 2005, 11:14 PM(scottish @ Sep 2 2005, 11:14 PM)

Alex Crawford is also reporting on package from the United States

Alex will probably be the main reporter for Five News. We’ll probably see her live on Five News over the weekend.

Sky Lad
    Sky Lad
    Participant

dirkyt+Sep 2 2005, 11:18 PM(dirkyt @ Sep 2 2005, 11:18 PM)

is she actually in new orleans – or is she north of the city’s causeway.?

It says she’s in New Orleans. I wonder if there is another presenter over there to share the work load, Julie Etchingham maybe has a presenter for five news.

Johnnie
    Johnnie
    Keymaster

dirkyt+Sep 2 2005, 11:18 PM(dirkyt @ Sep 2 2005, 11:18 PM)

is she actually in new orleans – or is she north of the city’s causeway.  matt frei, bill neely and mark austin seem to be in the heart of the city.

Kay said they’ve just arrived in New Orleans, so they probably just set up on the outskirts of the city

They’ll probably move on after this live session.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.