You're here: Home - Forums - Sky News - Martin Popplewell: “I got 2 lesbians pregnant” Login | Register

Martin Popplewell: “I got 2 lesbians pregnant”

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Vicky23 vicky23 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Vicky23
    vicky23
    Participant
    Del
    del
    Participant

I wouldn’t call it amusing, rather nice of him if anything.

Jk80
    jk80
    Participant

That is interesting. I wonder if they used IVF or….you know….if they’re that good friends…..

Skylark
    skylark
    Participant

Only expressing my opinion (assuming we’re allowed to do that), personally I think we live in a very sick society where this sort of practice occurs.

Vicky23
    vicky23
    Participant

OperaGhost wrote:I wouldn’t call it amusing, rather nice of him if anything.

i think its amusing because it has come in a week when there has been a lot in the press about the lives of presenters. I think it was selina scott who made some comments

Xxx
    xxx
    Participant

I wouldn’t say it is sick, I would rather my parents be lesbians than abusers, but that maybe because I’m homosexual, I dunno. Anyway, it is good of him

Jk80
    jk80
    Participant

jonn0boy wrote:I wouldn’t say it is sick, I would rather my parents be lesbians than abusers, but that maybe because I’m homosexual, I dunno. Anyway, it is good of him

Yeah it takes balls to do something like that.

Skylark
    skylark
    Participant

Thanks for making my point, indeed you do need balls to produce a child and I mean that in a literal sense; not only that, these people have shown no consideration for the future of the child and as such IS a form of child abuse in its own right. I have nothing for or against homosexuals only that but if you make your bed you lie in it. You can’t have it both ways.

Jk80
    jk80
    Participant

skylark wrote:

Thanks for making my point, indeed you do need balls to produce a child and I mean that in a literal sense; not only that, these people have shown no consideration for the future of the child and as such IS a form of child abuse in its own right. I have nothing for or against homosexuals only that but if you make your bed you lie in it. You can’t have it both ways.

Doesn’t the article say that he’s going to play an active role in the upbringing of the child? At least this is a conscious decison to have the child rather than an accident of whatever, and I’m not sure that two loving female parents will be any worse than a man and a woman.

Del
    del
    Participant

these people have shown no consideration for the future of the child

Isn’t that not the case for any child?

How do a hetrosexual couple know when they get married, [or if they are unmarried] and have children, that they will remain together?

No-one knows how the future is going to plan out, if we did would there be the point of life?

Skylark
    skylark
    Participant

OperaGhost wrote:

these people have shown no consideration for the future of the child

Isn’t that not the case for any child?

How do a hetrosexual couple know when they get married, [or if they are unmarried] and have children, that they will remain together?

No-one knows how the future is going to plan out, if we did would there be the point of life?

That may be so however, my auntie’s a Lesbian, she “came out” when one child was 10 and the other was 8 and the kids are screwed up because of it, the marriage was over many years prior and the kids have regular contact with the father too. Whatever you look at it, life and people are cruel and it’s unbearable to see how those kids have suffered.

Morals have gone out of the window and this applies to all of us, it appears that children are treated as commodities rather than human beings that require stability in their lives.

Xxx
    xxx
    Participant

The children will know that both parents are lesbians from the moment they begin to understand such concepts, the problem with coming out when you have two children who are somewhat cognitally developed and have understood their mother to be heterosexual and then have it forced upon them, then that would be a shock, what children need is love and care, and that does not necessarily have to come from a man and a woman, as two men or two women are equally if not more so able to give such things.

Vicky23
    vicky23
    Participant

I think that it isnt my place to comment whether it is right or not. There is no doubt that these children will receive lots of love and support from all 3 parents. I do however think that they will suffer due to the nasty people in society. When I was at school a girl who had two lesbian mothers was bullied to such an extent that she lashed out and was expelled. I only hope that these 2 children do not suffer in the same way

Xxx
    xxx
    Participant

I share your thoughts vicky

Skylark
    skylark
    Participant

jonn0boy wrote:I share your thoughts vicky

Yep, I agree and if i’m honest i’ve swung more towards the argument of what’s best for the child as opposed to the ethics of sexuality of the partner. Happy to say i’ve thought about this a little more and through being able to have a frank discussion without being labelled a homophobe etc, have come to the conclusion that it doesn’t matter about what the parents are, it’s about WHO the parents are and how they bring up that child. With regards to my Aunt, ok I used the term ‘screwed’ but the reality is, would they be any different if she were unhappy, living in a hetrosexual relationship and then passing her frusration to her children? Again, thinking about it, there may be a whole host of other reasons why her children have suffered and that may well be down to plain bad parenting, it’s too simplistic and bad argument to say that they have suffered because she’s gay.

I think children get bullied for a number of reasons and the key here is not about people having to change because of bullies, rather than, the bullies should be made to respect people for who they are rather than what they are. If you’ve been brought up being told that something is wrong, it’s very difficult to change one’s opinions though.

Hey Ho

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.