You're here: Home - Forums - News Coverage - No peace in the Middle East Login | Register

No peace in the Middle East

This topic contains 71 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Scottish scottish 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)
  • Johnnie
    Johnnie
    Keymaster

David Lee Miller, a reporter for Fox News Channel, came under fire while on the air live via a videophone from Gaza Thursday. Wearing a flak jacket with the word “PRESS” stenciled on it, Miller was describing a deserted town (a “ghost town,” he called it) when he remarked, “Whoa, we’re being fired at!” A moment later, he said that he and his cameraman had retreated behind their armored van– even as additional shots were being fired. Throughout, Miller appeared calm, even as studio anchors seemed panicky, urging him to get out of the area. The videophone continued to operate inside the van as Miller speculated that Israeli forces had been doing the shooting “to scare us,”

Kev667
    kev667
    Participant

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar0jRu5fDZw [/youtube]

Video of the incident, via youtube.

Sky.dub
    sky.dub
    Participant

Why isn’t Emma in Beirut?

Johnnie
    Johnnie
    Keymaster

sky.dub wrote:Why isn’t Emma in Beirut?

Tim Marshall is in Beirut.

Jon Snow is in Jerusalem for Channel 4 News.

Scottish
    scottish
    Participant

sky.dub wrote:Why isn’t Emma in Beirut?

I imagine it may have something to do with the fact that her time as Middle East Correspondent is coming to an end. From what I seen, Sky’s coverage is as follows:

• Emma Hurd in Jerusalem
    • Tim Marshall in Beirut
    • Jayne Secker in Haifa

Sky.dub
    sky.dub
    Participant

Coverage from Sky is good, Emma is a fantastic journalist. ITV News have Tim Euart and Julian Manyon there.

Johnnie
    Johnnie
    Keymaster

Emma opened the 2pm hour, using phrases like “The top stories, Welcome to Sky News” etc… Allan and Colin come later in the hour.

http://newsforums.co.uk/uploads/emmaopens.rmVideo: 3PM openers (2.9mb)

Johnnie
    Johnnie
    Keymaster

Jeremy Thompson now live from Haifa, he opens Sunday’s edition of Live at Five.

Johnnie
    Johnnie
    Keymaster

kev667 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar0jRu5fDZwhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar0jRu5fDZw>

Video of the incident, via youtube.

Both Jayne Secker and Tim Mrashall have also had to ran for cover.

Buletin Utama
    Buletin Utama
    Participant

For the BBC Ben Brown is reporting from Lebanon and Paul Adams is reporting from Iraq. I can’t remember for sure. BBC World is sure having a lot of coverage about this. I think that CBC Newsworld is reporting on this as well.

Sky.dub
    sky.dub
    Participant

Jeremy is excellent as always

HOWIE
    HOWIE
    Participant

Any images of Emma Hurd opening Sky News today, and I think Emma, Jayne, Tim & Jeremy are doing a brilliant job mind.

Scottish
    scottish
    Participant

Ben Brown and Jeremy Bowen doing an excellent job for the BBC in Beirut. Incidentally, it’s only a couple of months since the BBC reopened their bureau in the city after a 15 year absence I think. They also seem to have quite a number of reporters in Israel – but Caroline Hawley, who was meant to be the new major Jerusalem Correspondent, appears to be absent. Probably holiday time for some of the main foreign correspondents.

Pete19
    Pete19
    Participant

This looks as if it will go on for some time.

Surley Sky will leave Emma Hurd in the Middle East for the minute or will she still go to South Africa as planned?

Johnnie
    Johnnie
    Keymaster

12:29: Jeremy Thompson just dived for cover. a Missile hit just north-west of JT’s position.

[attachmentid=311]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.