You're here: Home - Forums - Sports Coverage - Sky Sports / Sky Sports News – General Thread Login | Register

Sky Sports / Sky Sports News – General Thread

This topic contains 42 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Johnnie Johnnie 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Johnnie
    Johnnie
    Keymaster

General thread for day-to-day discussions about Sky Sports News and Sky Sports.

A New Topic should be created in the first instance. Often most comments don’t warrant a new thread.

This thread is mainly for general discussions, day-to-day operations, graphic tweaks, correspondents locations, up-and-coming programmes, and other pieces of information.

Guvnorgaz
    guvnorgaz
    Participant

Ill give it 24hrs before it gets a music request post from a newbie

Johnnie
    Johnnie
    Keymaster

guvnorgaz wrote:Ill give it 24hrs before it gets a music request post from a newbie

The website promotion at the end of Sky Sports programme’s has been changed. They’re now done by a man with a very deep voice and not Georgie Thompson.

Guvnorgaz
    guvnorgaz
    Participant

They change between the two, they have done for a while,usually if Georgie is on tv they use the bloke

Guvnorgaz
    guvnorgaz
    Participant

Oh yeah, does anyone know what that track is called………….

Johnnie
    Johnnie
    Keymaster

guvnorgaz wrote:They change between the two, they have done for a while,usually if Georgie is on tv they use the bloke

Oh right, she was on at the time of me hearing the bloke’s version.

Johnnie
    Johnnie
    Keymaster

David Jones is presenting from the new Wembley today. Dan Roan is also there.

The Eagle
    The Eagle
    Participant

Johnnie wrote:

guvnorgaz wrote:They change between the two, they have done for a while,usually if Georgie is on tv they use the bloke

Oh right, she was on at the time of me hearing the bloke’s version.

Yeah, this is the only time that the male version is played out.

Txwharfrat
    txwharfrat
    Participant

has Dan Lobb been on all day? He was on this morning when I first turned the TV on and he’s still on right now with Ian Payne. Very long shift if he has been!

Guvnorgaz
    guvnorgaz
    Participant

He had an hour off from 10, Millie stayed on for that hour with Payne and then Dan came back at 11

Txwharfrat
    txwharfrat
    Participant

that makes sense. still a very long shift indeed – doesnt really make much sense when there are 2-hour slots during the week and some going on for 6-7 hours.

Guvnorgaz
    guvnorgaz
    Participant

Its daft, 2 presenters will come on at 10 and do 2 hours

Johnnie
    Johnnie
    Keymaster

Simon Thomas is presenting the U21 England match tonight.

Txwharfrat
    txwharfrat
    Participant

Ian Payne has been on in the afternoon with Georgie Thompson recently. They seem to get on very well, and are a lot better to watch than when David Jones – who always comes across as bland and serious – is there.

SammyG
    SammyG
    Participant

I agree I like Georgie without Dave Jones, although i like Georgie with anyone. I see they have another new dark haird girl presenting, she was on through the evening, not sure, not really suited to sports news, maybe the bbc or some other news but she was a bit manly for my liking & i doubt I’d tune in to see her.

I am also disappointed Alison Bender has not yet learnt how to read properly. she is going down like a lead balloon on the capping site invisionplus. If Kelly is doing work for sky still, she may come back & hayley is doing so well on man united tv i just don’t understand how they haven’t been properly replaced, so bring them back. I wouldnt have minded seeing hayley grow on ssn over the years like georgie & kelly have done. ( I’m stuck on a night shift at work, bored, obviously).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.