New Sky News Line Up

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
Will Riker

Post by Will Riker » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:02 pm

When will we know the New Sky News Line Up. I think it may be the 18 July?

I phoned Sky about the new look SKY NEWS they do not know about it???

daved2424

Post by daved2424 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:37 pm

Of course they know about it you bloody idiot. They not just going to tell a twat like you about it!

Mick

Post by Mick » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:13 pm

Back to the old insults again I see daved2424. I don't see what it contributes, really I don't. I wish you could find a more constructive way of expressing yourself.

The only confirmed line-up as far as I know Will is Lorna Dunkley & Eamon Holmes presenting Sunrise which will be 1 hour shorter, i.e. 6 am - 9 am.

I also hear that some slots may have 3 presenters, and some only 1. That way the new talent will be able to cut their teeth in the company of the more experienced, whilst heavyweight presenters like Julie Etchingham (the best on any channel in my opinion) will be able to showcase in a dedicated slot of their own.

I think they hope to launch in the autumn, i.e. September.

I'm not sure who you 'phoned, but usually the Press & Publicity Office would be the first port of call, as I don't imagine that the regular wo/man in the newsroom would know. Very often the ordinary worker is amongst the last to know about management plans.

Mick.

Butterfinger

Post by Butterfinger » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:21 pm

I have heard that Mr. Thompson will be moving from Live at Five, to 7pm, as part of the new lineup, and Sky News Today, will be longer then before.

Mick

Post by Mick » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:30 pm

Yes that makes sense. If SUNRISE will finish at 9 am, then TODAY could well be on-air from 9 am - 1 pm. Maybe that will be one of the shows with 3 presenters.

Mr.Thompson is very much the male on-screen identity of SKY News, and I reckon he would be a definite choice for his own show.

That would free-up the Live at Five position for Steve Dixon, or Mark Longhurst, or Chris Roberts.

Maybe Martin Stanford will stay on TODAY with 2 of the new female presenters? Ha Ha Ha, I'll bet he'd love that.

Mick.

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:38 pm

'Today' can only run until 12pm. Kay Burley is doing the 12 -2pm Shift, Mr. Thompson is doing 5 - 6:30pm and Julie is doing 7 - 8pm.

I'm guessing that Mark and Anna may do 2-5pm and business or sports will be on between 6:30 - 7pm.

dirkyt

Post by dirkyt » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:45 am

I can see what you are saying about the daytime line-up - but who will take over the late evening slot, after Julie's show?

What will become of Juliette, Viv, Paula, Anjali and Emma?

Will there be a set pair for rolling news shows or will it be a orgy of presenters?

I am also wondering if Colin Brazier will be a big name within the presenting squad - after his recent appearances on 8 to midnight shifts.

slinden

Post by slinden » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:21 am

My ideal line up :

6.00AM : Sunrise

Joing Eamon Holmes and Lorna Dunkly for the all the developments overnight. Including Sport, Business, Entertainment and Weather.

9.00AM - Sky News Today

Joing Martin Stamford, Steve Dixon, Anna Jones, Ana Botting and Juliett Foster for the latest live from the news room. Big stories as they break and going indepth.

12.00PM - Kay Burghly LIVE

Kay rounds up all the news from UK and World and goes in-depth on stroies that matter to you.

2.00PM - Sky News Today

The second part of SNT, join the team for the latest

5.00PM - Live at FIVE w/ Jeremy Thompson

A round up of all the days news with live reports and analysis.

6.00PM - Business Central w/ Michael Wilson

Get all the latest on the markets, the movers and makers.

6.30PM - Sportsline

Live from Sky Sports Center with the days sports news

7.00PM : The SEVEN w/ Julie Etchingham

Analysing the days news stories and giving you the chance to tell us what you think.

8.00PM - The Boulton Factor

Join Sky's Politcal Editor for the hard hitting politcal show live from Westminster

8.30PM - Littlejohn

The man with many views. Debating todays news. Get in touch and tell him what you think.

9.00PM - Sky World Live

Hosted by Colin Brazier, he takes a look at from around the world, linking up with the Sky News Australia and Sky News Ireland.

10.00PM - Sky News At Ten

With Chris Roberts and Vivan Cregor, join them as they round up the days news.

10.30PM - Sportsline

Live from Sky Sports Center with the days sports news

11.00PM - Late Edition

Join the team for rolling news and a look at the papers and bizzare stories from across the world

12.30AM - CBS Evening News

The main US news programme

1.00AM - Sky News Australia - First Edition

Repeat - A chance to see Sky News Australia breakfast programme - First Edition

3.00AM - Sky News Ireland

Repeat - A chance to see Sky News Ireland, broadcast earlier in Ireland

3.30AM - Sky News On the Hour

Sky News Live

4.00AM - Sky World News

The news of the world, the latest live.

5.00AM - Fox News: The Fox Report

The main newscast from Skys sister station Fox News . Anchor Shepard Smith giving you the news at the speed of light.

icurite

Post by icurite » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:20 am

I like it slinden... B)

... although Sky News First Edition in Australia/NZ is just a rolling bulletin of 30 minutes. Every 30 minutes is pretty much exactly the same repeated over and over again. :rolleyes:

HBox

Post by HBox » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:26 pm

Will Riker+Jul 15 2005, 12:23 AM(Will Riker @ Jul 15 2005, 12:23 AM)

When will we know the New Sky News Line Up. I think it may be the 18 July?

I phoned Sky about the new look SKY NEWS they do not know about it???

You have to ask yourself why this pointless question requires a seperate thread, it has been covered extensively before. There is a dedicated thread for any Sky News relaunch developments.