Sky News Relaunch

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
Newsroom

Post by Newsroom » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:19 am

jonn0boy+Oct 26 2005, 10:46 PM(jonn0boy @ Oct 26 2005, 10:46 PM)

You have an option, just don't make stupid remarks about the widescreen slipping back into 4:3, when we are privileged to have the best News Station IN THE WORLD!

I think you're missing the point here, Sky are not some small amateur operation. They are a huge PROFESSIONAL company who have spent tens of millions on the relaunch, and have had many weeks if not months in rehearsals.

We shouldn't be cutting them slack just because they have moved into state of the art facilities. We should be expecting the same quality of news, if not better (as that is what Kay Burley's report promised!) Other professionals are not 'let off' simple mistakes when moving into new facilities. For example, how much bashing did NATS get when their new facilities Swanwick failed repeatedly?! And we're not expecting the whole of Heathrow to fall apart when they move into their new control tower are we...that would b unacceptable.

People seem to forget that Sky are a huge experienced news organisation that have been around for a while. They're not some amateur set up thats been around for a few weeks.

We all know how good Sky News is, and that is what is irritating when things go wrong (some quie a few times today) that in television should not go wrong, because we know that Sky can do better. I believe that Sky News is the best news service in the country (if not the world), they cover breaking news exceptionally well and their general output is better than their main two rivals. I want to see Sky really step up to the next level with this relaunch. I believe they're nearly there, they just need to iron out the few creases in what is a very slick first week.

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:53 pm

Is Julie speaking all over Joey Jones' report tonight - her mic hasn't been completely turned down..

HBox

Post by HBox » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:55 pm

Johnnie+Oct 27 2005, 07:06 PM(Johnnie @ Oct 27 2005, 07:06 PM)

Is Julie speaking all over Joey Jones' report tonight - her mic hasn't been completely turned down..

Clumsy maybe, but I can't stand Joet Jones' voice anyway, so no loss on my part.

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:21 pm

TV Newsroom http://www.tvnewsroom.co.uk/poll/survey/survey.php?uid=1436353f97f86dSurvey

xxx

Post by xxx » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:34 pm

Cant stand Joey Jones anyway

HOWIE

Post by HOWIE » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:13 pm

THUMBS UP TO SKY NEWS ALOT ALL OF THE WAY TRUST US HEAR WELL DONE TOO

RoxyM

Post by RoxyM » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:52 am

I've been watching for a week now and on the whole i find it a refreshing change. The content may be suffering ever so slightly because of the huge effort in making sure the style is right. I'm sure this will improve in the coming weeks - as will certain presenters!

I tend to watch more at weekends and loved the new programmes. Everything from the new jazzed up Sunrise (was expecting a dummed down version being weekend) and Saturday & Sunday at 10 was a refreshing change too. Then it sank back into the more normal style show which i guess worked well but I just felt the budget had been slashed for the rest of the day!

The most annoying thing for me which has nothing to do with the programmes is that annoying promo for Live at Five, Sky Report & World News that runs every bloody 20 minutes! And why do they insist on running it at 8am on a Saturday morning? Do Sky not have any weekend promos they could run from Friday morning onwards? Weekend Sunrise, and the Martin & Adam shows would make a good promo for weekend mornings. And does anyone know if Steve & Emma will be regular faces for Weekend Sunrise? They seemed to have fun when I was watching......

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:31 pm

steve and emma were good and were the only ones i have watched for more than 2 mins,all the other line ups bored the arse off me

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:42 pm

Sportsline has been dropped for the news about Blunkett - JT stays on.

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:34 pm

I could understand it being dropped if it was a new piece of news but they have been going on about it all day,there was no sports news at 21-20 either.

Another thing I noticed is are the presenters being paid?Georgie Bingham did the sports news last night and wasnt in a jacket and actually looked quite good but she wearing the same outfit again tonight which is a little on the cheap side