James Rubin - World News Tonight

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
squareeyes

Post by squareeyes » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:36 pm

Oh dear. It really doesn't work does it? and just one thousand viewers on Tuesday night apparently! Just shows you can't just turn ANYONE into a presenter!

And although the relaunch is on the whole very good...one other thing which doesn't work is...the elongated "press preview" at 2330...quite painful to watch.

NewsMatt

Post by NewsMatt » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:52 pm

Yep, hate to say it but James makes me want to go to sleep. Keeping an open mind though - maybe he'll improve........

Moxey

Post by Moxey » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:05 pm

Must be the worst presenter Sky have got

& to think they got rid of Vivien Creegor as well

The bloke is awful

HBox

Post by HBox » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:08 pm

I'm affraid to say he isn't as good as I was hoping he could be. Shame, because this could be a really good show for Sky News.

Moxey

Post by Moxey » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:15 pm

It would be a good show with a change of presenter

xxx

Post by xxx » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:39 pm

Paula Middlehurst MUST have this show!!!!

James unfortunately has not brought the best analysis to sky from his days as a Clinton official, I hate to say!

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:53 pm

I don't know what you people find wrong with James Rubin - is it because he's American?

I for one think he is a very professional presenter. He knows his stuff and he asks the right questions. I'm sure he has some good contacts as well. He's very intelligent I find the show overall hery informative and comprehensive. Sky needed a World News programmes and they've picked the best presneter for the job in my opinion.

Afterall, the other presnter you have suggested, Paula Midlehurst, with all do respect, what experience does she have of World politics?

James Rubin is very professional. Why don't reseve your negative judements for a while and let the idea of a World news programe sink in. Perhaps its the change you don't like?

xxx

Post by xxx » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:51 am

Mr. Byrne,

the audience rates reflect what each and everyone of us are saying.

Paula I am sure, if she wanted to, could know a huge amount of knowledge on world news (remember Mr. Byrne) WORLD NEWS not world politics.

James Rubin is American, I have no problem with that, I have a problem with the fact his presenting style is as boring and dull even if it is profound.

Paula has qualifications in Journalism, I doubt James Rubin has a Broadcast Journalism diploma or the equivalent.

We will see how long he lasts until a replacement comes.

It is not negative judgement. And as I was told in another thread, Sky News is the best in the World so we rightfully expect a great presenter on a great show.

And I also think my criticism is just.

The show is great, James is a problem.

calciofan

Post by calciofan » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:23 am

He's really good, I like him!

I know he's a bit slow and stumbles a little bit, but give him time.

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:26 am

hes awful,plain and simple,do we need an american view on our news?