James Rubin - World News Tonight

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:07 am

I've Noticed they're using 'World News' graphics on tonight's World News Tonight. Have they been doing this all week?

squareeyes

Post by squareeyes » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:26 am

dazzy34 wrote:hes just too awful to watch, i would rather have littlejohn doing world news tonight than this boring dithering newsreader.

YEAAAAAH Bring back Littlejohn...he was Great in a car crash TV kind of way.....his was the only programme that ever managed to lure me away from Channel 4 News...shame the viewing public didn't agree with me...anyway since he walked away from the Murdoch Empire to join the evil Daily Mail, there's about as much chance of him coming back as there is of James Rubin not stumbling over his autocue.

Having started this thread back in October, I thought I ought to watch James Rubin again (and thereby doubling his audience)...I'm afraid my conclusion is that SKY News has officially lost the plot...who in gods name would choose to sit at home at 8 o'clock at night and watch this?....It makes BBC2's dreadfully pompous and anal Newsnight seem like Newsround...lets hope he is on a 6 month contract...because if he is renewed I will eat my digibox.

Forgive me for sounding so negative but believe it or not I REALLY WANT SKY NEWS TO BE GOOD AGAIN....mark my words...the Isleworth axe is being sharpened and will soon be weilded....and I fear Jamie will be one of several about to be spending more time with their family.

Stevo

Post by Stevo » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:37 pm

Sorry to say it, but James Rubin on Sky News is as dull as dish water to watch. Fortunately I'm not around every night to watch him. But he should present a late night show for insomniacs, as it'd soon cure them! Richard Littlejohn was a heck of a lot more entertaining. Love him or hate him, his show was certainly watchable!

scottish

Post by scottish » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:14 am

James Rubin presenting from Paris tonight, in addition to his live coverage from Jersualem last week. Personally, I think he's excellent on location.

Does anyone know who presented WNT last night (Monday 3rd April) or whether Rubin was on location?

xxx

Post by xxx » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:03 pm

Scottish, I agree, he would be a great correspondent if he was to go on location.

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:22 pm

Tim Marshall as been doing a wonderful job presenting World News Tonight this week.

WNT is taking a Easter break and will return on Tuesday 18th.

Hullo

Post by Hullo » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:49 am

Two possibilities. Sky could do a programme called "An American View" in which a couple of prominent Americans comment on British and World news from a US perspective and give us a bit of detailed insight into the odd American story (note that CBS News is only shown in anti-social hours). Nothing wrong with that. Or they have a programme called "World News". They could bring in an American to anchor it, but it wouldn't set out to be American centred (no more than Eamonn Holmes is Irish centred). The only prerequestite is that the anchor has a decent microphone voice and camara presence and can read from an autocue. Sack James Rubin if the "World News" formula is going to stick... and re-hire him in the future if there's ever a programme called "An America View"... but as a pundit not a presenter.