Five News

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
del

Post by del » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:53 am

Same happened at Sky, but you could make out James Rubin's head.

xxx

Post by xxx » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:56 am

Did it happen on Sky at exactly the same time?

del

Post by del » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:17 am

Think so, it was definatly in the final hour of SNT AM.

Rubin wasn't sure whether to continue so they moved to library pictures of North Korea for a short while [not 3 minutes] and the lights returned.

And "I hope I've shed some light on the situation" jokes. :rolleyes:

Just last week they had a fire-alarm during the show.....

skyspy

Post by skyspy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:17 pm

I wasnt very happy with the Green Reports i've seen so far on Five.

Firstly Lisa Burke , her style of talking and accent arn't that good or credible for serious science related reports.

They should have used Lucy Verasamy or Isobel Lang who appear to me as better presenters.

Secondly Catherine Jacob who was hanging around the coast and the Thames barrage like some oik in a bomber jacket.

Was there anything new she had to say on the subject of coastal erosion. In comparison Nesbits holiday report in the maldives made hers look extremely lightweight.

Improvements all round are needed or this green week special will have been a waste of time and money.

Lone

Post by Lone » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:53 am

skyspy wrote:Firstly Lisa Burke , her style of talking and accent arn't that good or credible for serious science related reports.

They should have used Lucy Verasamy or Isobel Lang who appear to me as better presenters.

x100

I have a feeling with Lisa returning, Lucy's gonna get pushed aside. Shame because I think she's really blossomed in Lisa's absence (and hence the morning shift which she'll no doubt lose).