Who's your favourite?

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
purple_jeans

Post by purple_jeans » Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:27 am

who is your favourite presenter/reporter and why?

edofis

Post by edofis » Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:41 pm

David Chater

His reporting throughout the war in Iraq was brilliant. He's eloquent, sensitive and tells you how it is. He also has an incredible understanding of the local culture.

eagleeye

Post by eagleeye » Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:17 pm

Ed - a woman of impeccable taste. Mr Chater for sure. Same reasons; also because even after all these years reporting on man's inhumanity to man, he still cares about those he's reporting about - and shows it. That's unusual and I appreciate it a lot. Forza David!

AJ

Post by AJ » Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:46 pm

tsk - this isn't going to turn into another David Chater Appreciation Thread is it?!?

Anyhoo - my favourite presenter was Bob Friend

He was and still is Mr. Sky News - he was relaxed, laid back and had a warmth to his presentation, yet he was authoritative too - even when he had the bottle cap stuck to his head!

long live Bob!

Stevo

Post by Stevo » Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:44 pm

this isn't going to turn into another David Chater Appreciation Thread is it?!?

Definitely not! But I do agree that he is a very good reporter, and one of the best on Sky News.

My favourite Sky News presenter is Kay Burley. If Jeremy Thompson is the king of Sky News, then Kay Burley is the Queen. She is the best in the business - Lisa Burke is brilliant too; she does make watching the weather a worthwhile pursuit. - But Kay Burley is my favourite; she's authoritative when presenting but can come across as very warm and cosy too. A solid professional anchor, and you know there is a toughness behind the smiles!

my favourite presenter was Bob Friend

Actually I always liked Bob too; he was as his name suggested, very friendly in his style of presentation. A very likeable presenter if ever there was.

ToryBoy

Post by ToryBoy » Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:52 am

I'm more of a fan of the sports news presenters. I like Matt Lorenzo and Dan Lobb. Anyone out there fans?

tobydog

Post by tobydog » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:25 am

I think Kay Burley is the most beautiful lady on TV, she reminds me of an ex girlfriend who dumped me.the only thing she does not have is an Irish accentli ke my ex. I am a lonely old widower, living with my Labrador.Toby

Newsroom

Post by Newsroom » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:54 pm

These are mine

Best reporter: Juliet Errington

Best correspondent: David Chater

Best presenter:Jeremy Thompson and Juliette Foster

Best weather:The girl with short blonde hair who was in Glastonbury reporting

Best sport:Matt Lorenzo

Best paper reviewer: Topaz Amoore

Best overnight: ANJALI RAHN(REALLY REALLY BRILL-ID SAY SHE WILL BE ON NEWSAT 10/LIVEAT 5 VERY VERY VERY SOON)

Tempranillo

Post by Tempranillo » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:20 pm

doh, Newsroom ...

I already posted on the "Who's presenting?" thread to say that her name is Anjali RAO ...

and you still can't get the typo out of your head ...

doh, doh, doh.

Alloneword

Post by Alloneword » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:29 pm

tobydog+Aug 4 2004, 05:53 PM(tobydog @ Aug 4 2004, 05:53 PM)

I think Kay Burley is the most beautiful lady on TV,

Have to agree with you there but i do prefer her with shorter hair (like she's going to listen to me :rolleyes:

Having said that Kirsty Allsopp and Sarah Beeny are ok too but if i HAD to choose then Kay gets my vote.

coloro:redWe love you Kaycolorc