on SKY NEWS today

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:31 am

1030     INTERVIEW: Former hostage Terry Waite on the current hostage crisis in Iraq.

I think Terry Waite was the first ever guest on Sky News Today

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:08 am

Friday, 16 April 2004

SCHEDULE:

1000 INTERVIEW: Sir Christopher Meyer, former British Ambassador to the US, on today?s meeting between Tony Blair and George Bush.

1030 INTERVIEW: Today?s panel discusses teenage magazines. Guests include Helen Johnston, editor of teenage magazine Bliss, Ralph Surman, national executive member of the Association of Teachers and Lecturers, and Clare Hoban legal adviser of the Periodical Publishers Association which runs industry regulator Teenage Magazine Arbitration Panel.

1130 INTERVIEW: Labour MP Clive Soley.

1400 PRESS CONFERENCE: Family of missing teenager Amanda Edwards call for the public?s help as the search intensifies.

1640 BLAIR/BUSH PRESS CONFERENCE: Prime Minister Tony Blair and US President George W. Bush comment on today?s meeting.

THROUGHOUT THE DAY ON SKY NEWS:

BLAIR IN THE US: Prime Minister Tony Blair called for a new United Nations resolution to drive forward the handover of power in Iraq. The Prime Minister was at the UN headquarters for meetings with the Secretary General Kofi Annan ahead of White House talks later today. Mr Blair said he shared America's aim and purpose of restoring stability to the war-torn country. Full coverage including the Prime Minister?s meeting with the US President is on Sky News.

IRAQ: More fierce fighting overnight around Fallujah. There are reports of at least fifteen people killed in the city and 20 wounded. Elsewhere another Western hostage has been seized. Sky News has the latest news LIVE from Baghdad.

TODAY?S SKY NEWS ACTIVE VOTE:

WHO DO YOU BELIEVE: David Beckham or Rebecca Loos? Beckham/Rebecca?

gaja

Post by gaja » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:25 pm

Todays 'Sky News Today' is presented by Julie from Sky News Centre and Martin at the Westminister studio.

Newsroom

Post by Newsroom » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:13 pm

and may i say that Martin is doing an excellent job with the interviewees ---not afraid to ask the questions or challenge the politicians.

Good on ya Martin

gaja

Post by gaja » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:14 pm

Martin looked a bit bemused by the graphics when he was doing the story of the Transit of Venus. Funny!

Easty

Post by Easty » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:50 pm

Marl Longhurst is back! His partnership with Kay is ace. Kay looks happy he is back! Martin Poperwell (spelling) - has been prometed from night time anchour to reporter! An excellent report in the weather........ the day countinues on Sky

Steven

Post by Steven » Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:08 pm

Marl Longhurst is back! His partnership with Kay is ace. Kay looks happy he is back! Martin Poperwell (spelling) - has been prometed from night time anchour to reporter! An excellent report in the weather........ the day countinues on Sky

Well not necessarily a promotion. He has been doing the reporting for a fair few weeks now. He is freelancing and still occasionly does presenting as well - although I'm not too sure if he's done any night shifts recently.

This will not stand

Post by This will not stand » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:06 pm

I think sky news is an exceptional news station, that has the most accurate news on Iraq in my opinion.

However The name of the programme 'Little John' is offensive;deeply insulting.Also it's not descriptive by any means, so why is it called that?This name is hurtful and is almost an allegation.

Therefore; in conclusion I ask you to change the name or I will e-mail the Government.

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:52 pm

Why does it offend you?

The programme is named after the presenter - Richard Littlejohn.

Easty

Post by Easty » Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:44 pm

[quote=".

Therefore; in conclusion I ask you to change the name or I will e-mail the Government.

We are not Sky News - we are are fansite to Sky News. So therefore we cannot do anything about LittleJohns name....... I fail to see how calling a TV show by your surname is offensive