Terror Raids

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
philg

Post by philg » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:51 pm

Don't think that this has been mentioned yet, but here is how, as far as I know, Sky have covered the events today, been blanket coverage all day thus far:

Studio

Martin Stanford on a very long shift, on at 10 when I first switched on, and went through until 5

With him, Allan King and then Lucy Alexander. Colin Brazier from 5, presumably will also so the Sky Report. I believe Sportsline is dropped.

In East London

Chris Roberts began presenting around 12, but only for short segments, it was all mostly studio based. Now hosting Live at Five from the scene

Ursula Errington

Cent. London Hospital:

New Reporter, Tom something, sorry I didn't catch his surname.

Scotland Yard

Martin Brunt

Political Reaction:

Westminster- Niall Patterson and Peter Spencer

Rome (with Blair)- Glen O'Glaza

Package

Emma Birchley

Laurence Lee

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:54 pm

London Tonight:

Alastair Stewart reporting live from the scene. (Jonathan Wills and Tamzin Sylvester in the studio)

Ronke Phillips on package.

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:48 pm

ITV News:

Mark Austin live from Forest Gate. (Nina in the studio)

James Mates on lead package.

Kier Simmons on package.

Harry Smith at the hospital.

Chris Ship live from Scotland Yard.

kev667

Post by kev667 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:35 am

do we know anything about what keith graves just said on sky about this...? apparantly he can't tell us what US news stations are saying about it because of various laws here.. presumably FOX is directly calling them acolytes of bin laden or describing the 'chemical weapon' in more detail..? anyone know more? ..i could just take a look at some websites.

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:58 am

A bidding war broke out among TV broadcasters today over mobile phone video footage of the anti-terrorist police raids in London's Forest Gate.

ITV News secured the exclusive rights to a member of the public's footage for a "substantial amount of money" and broadcast the 20-second clip on the lunchtime news. The pictures will appear again on this evening's bulletins.

The footage was taken at around 4.30am this morning, half an hour after 250 police officers, some in protective bio-chemical suits, raided a terraced property in Lansdown Road in the Forest Gate area of east London. One man was shot during the incident.

http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,,1789420,00.htmlMedia Guardian link

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:07 pm

Johnnie wrote:
A bidding war broke out among TV broadcasters today over mobile phone video footage of the anti-terrorist police raids in London's Forest Gate.

ITV News secured the exclusive rights to a member of the public's footage for a "substantial amount of money" and broadcast the 20-second clip on the lunchtime news. The pictures will appear again on this evening's bulletins.

The footage was taken at around 4.30am this morning, half an hour after 250 police officers, some in protective bio-chemical suits, raided a terraced property in Lansdown Road in the Forest Gate area of east London. One man was shot during the incident.

http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,,1789420,00.htmlMedia Guardian link

The bidding war was mainly between the BBC and ITV. ITV were the ones who tracked down the person with the video footage and paid that person ?4,500. I believe the BBC's final offer was around ?4,000.