Hat's off to Brazier

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
vicky23

Post by vicky23 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:45 pm

OperaGhost wrote:Fair play to Martin

One would like to think Sky have sent Colin out to the West Indies to cover the cricket, like they did JT in Australia....Tim Abraham on the beach doesn't have quite the same visual effect.....

Colin would love covering the cricket. It beats Iraq, I remember when the vehicle Colin was travelling in was hit by a missile or something. Brave Colin managed to stay on the phone to the studio while the vehicle was rolling. Amazing Brazier! (well i think that was Colin)

del

Post by del » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:53 am

I remember something vaguely like that....

Just watching trucks drive across the desert doesn?t entertain the eye for long, however. Plus the assumption that the network would probably cut away if a firefight really started detracts from the gee-whiz fascination with watching a web-cam quality shot of American soldiers invading Iraq right now. Worse still, I could already envision what would happen if something dramatic but less than lethal happened to one of those machines. Just imagine: a reporter?s vehicle rolls over a landmine that flips it sideways and tumbles it two or three times, but Colin Brazier maintains a deathgrip on his phone and keeps the signal coming to us. The horizon cartwheels as Colin shouts, ?We?re hit! We?re hit!? Then the television shows no motion, only an off-kilter view inside the cabin as Colin keeps shouting, ?Can you move? I can?t reach you! Don?t move! We need a chopper! Call for the chopper!? before snatching up his phone again to speak to the world, ?Hello? Are you still there? We?ve just taken enemy fire, and I don?t know how long I keep talking to you.? This snippet then gets replayed approximately three times every half hour for the next three hours before getting superceded by burning Iraqi pickup trucks.

From; http://www.arondanburg.com/movabletype/archives/2003_03.html">http://www.arondanburg.com/movabletype/ ... 03_03.html

Richard Gaisford was kidnapped for a short while in Israel, and that was whilst they were being driven, but not really relevent...

vicky23

Post by vicky23 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:05 pm

OperaGhost wrote:I remember something vaguely like that....

Just watching trucks drive across the desert doesn?t entertain the eye for long, however. Plus the assumption that the network would probably cut away if a firefight really started detracts from the gee-whiz fascination with watching a web-cam quality shot of American soldiers invading Iraq right now. Worse still, I could already envision what would happen if something dramatic but less than lethal happened to one of those machines. Just imagine: a reporter?s vehicle rolls over a landmine that flips it sideways and tumbles it two or three times, but Colin Brazier maintains a deathgrip on his phone and keeps the signal coming to us. The horizon cartwheels as Colin shouts, ?We?re hit! We?re hit!? Then the television shows no motion, only an off-kilter view inside the cabin as Colin keeps shouting, ?Can you move? I can?t reach you! Don?t move! We need a chopper! Call for the chopper!? before snatching up his phone again to speak to the world, ?Hello? Are you still there? We?ve just taken enemy fire, and I don?t know how long I keep talking to you.? This snippet then gets replayed approximately three times every half hour for the next three hours before getting superceded by burning Iraqi pickup trucks.

From; http://www.arondanburg.com/movabletype/archives/2003_03.html">http://www.arondanburg.com/movabletype/ ... 03_03.html

Richard Gaisford was kidnapped for a short while in Israel, and that was whilst they were being driven, but not really relevent...

A true newsreporter, keeps the story coming while under attack. My Hero

There were quite a few who were nearly killed, Mark Austin was nearly blown up. Poor Terry Lloyd was killed. Risky job!

Daisy Steiner

Post by Daisy Steiner » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:45 pm

OperaGhost wrote:I remember something vaguely like that....

Well done Colin! I have to admit I've only had sky news for less than a year so I didn't see any of his rugged exploits - but it does explain why there are so many pictures of the Brazier looking suitably windswept and interesting in army gear knocking about on the interweb

vicky23

Post by vicky23 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:47 pm

Colin looks hot in army gear

del

Post by del » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:20 am

Well he was in the Desert....

....that was lame, apologies.

vicky23

Post by vicky23 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:22 pm

OperaGhost wrote:Well he was in the Desert....

It made me laugh

Daisy Steiner

Post by Daisy Steiner » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:49 pm

OperaGhost wrote:Well he was in the Desert....

Have you been waiting long to use that gag? It's truely worthy of the Brazier himself!

del

Post by del » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:02 am

No, it just spang to mind

vicky23

Post by vicky23 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:18 pm

Definiately a Brazier style joke