No peace in the Middle East

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
scottish

Post by scottish » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:08 pm

Has JT or Martin been on screen today, and if so, are they still in Jerusalem? I wonder how long Sky will leave them in the region. I suppose there may be a rotation of presenters at some point, especially if the conflict keeps dragging on.

xxx

Post by xxx » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:16 pm

I think they should give a few females a chance to present Live from Israel, would make a change from the almost entire male presence for channels especially Sky.

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:32 pm

I think Sky have a large female presence currently in the region; Alex Crawford, Emma Hurd, Jayne Secker and Lisa Holland.

What female presenters would they send? normally they'll send Kay to cover a large story, but i don't think Kay has ever covered a war crisis.

Chris Roberts and Anna Botting could be likey to replace Jeremy and Martin..

Did any one see Martin yesterday? All i see yesterday was, Jeremy presenting Live at Five.

scottish

Post by scottish » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:39 pm

Nope didn't see Martin in his usual times yesterday, I just saw Jeremy between 5pm-8pm, before James Rubin took over for a couple of hours. I'm thinking Martin may have returned back to the UK - I thought he may have appeared in Rome today for the Mid-East Meeting, but apparently not. I wonder how long JT will stay in the region though. I think Sky should have a rotation of presenters, and I'd expect Chris Roberts to be the next anchor in the region.

Was interesting that they had Live at Five yesterday co-presented by Jeremy Thompson in Jerusalem, Tim Marshall in Beirut and Anna Botting in London. Perhaps Sky have been trying to get a major anchor into Beirut, and have failed so far. In fact, maybe that's where Martin has disappeared to - he's trying to get into Lebanon. Dunno...

Also, does anyone know if JT was on Sunrise this morning? I don't wake up early enough these days!

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:08 am

Martin will be anchoring his evening programme from the Sky News Centre tonight..

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:25 am

Johnnie wrote:Martin will be anchoring his evening programme from the Sky News Centre tonight..

.. and Alastair Stewart is back on London Tonight, tonight.

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:48 am

Huw Edwards will be presenting The Six from Jerusalem. Sian in London

Emma Hurd is now on the Israeli/Lebanon Border.

scottish

Post by scottish » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:55 pm

Looks like JT has also left the region. Colin Brazier co-presenting Live at Five from Jerusalem today.

sky.dub

Post by sky.dub » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:15 pm

So no big names left in the region for Sky? BBC have Huw Edwards there and Jon Sopel.

scottish

Post by scottish » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:22 am

Sky News now have Anna Botting presenting from Jerusalem.

The other current Sky reporters covering the story are Lawrence Lee in Jerusalem, Emma Hurd on the Israel-Lebanon border, Ian Woods in Beirut, Alex Rossi in Southern Lebanon, and Greg Milam at the United Nations in New York.