Lukwesa Burak

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
classeyham

Post by classeyham » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:24 am

classeyham wrote:Get Down And Get with It (Slade)(Noddy Holder & Jimmy Lea) (1971)....

6-5-4-3-3-1:

The best male members in Sky News right now before Christmas: 6) Chris Roberts, 5) Steve Dixon, 4) Mark Longhurst, 3) Allan King, 2) Eamonn Holmes, 1) Mr. News alias Jeremy Thompson.

6-5-4-3-2-1:

The best female members in Sky News right now before Christmas: 6) Samantha Simmonds, 5) Gillian Joseph, 4) Julie Etchingham, 3) Paula Middlehurst, 2) Helen "Morton" Fospero, 1) Lukwesa Burak.

From march to dec. 2006........................classey............. :rolleyes:

NotaBene: Couldn?t find place to Martin Popplewell, Martin Stanford - and Lorna Dunkley , Kay Burley.....

xxx

Post by xxx » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:18 pm

Why have you posted 2 of your posts collectively SEVEN TIMES?

Seems like a spam thread though I wouldn't have thought it was intentional.

I understand the difficulty of speaking a certain language all day then spelling in another, I get the same problem when I slip into French now and again.

The death of Alexander Litvinenko is a good story and I enjoyed it through Saturday Live with Martin Popplewell and Paula Middlehurst with their guests - Dr. Paddy Regan (Atomic Physicist) and Alexander Nekrassov (Russian Affairs Expert.) There was a third but his name has escaped me.

I don't know how you can rank Lukwesa above the rest of the ladies, she doesn't do anything to deserve that rating, but each to their own.

Jon

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:36 pm

Where The Wild Roses Grow (Kylie Minogue, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds) up to # 11 in UK (1995)..

Hi Jon (joon0boy)!

Why I have posted 2 of my post collectively the other day....is a mystery (I could?n first, second or third time).....somethings wrong.....maybe with my fingers......what is it called....a puzzle, and I was only drinking water...

About speaking another language all the day and then spelling in another - you know that, but it is always one minutes after that, when you?r thinking.....gosh....Now I?am "crazy"....You know that too and two isn?t the same thing, but..now it?s two/too late.....

People her, if they don?t know me, think I must be drinking something. I remember the first 75 times, Mr. Guvnorgaz, couldn?t understand anything from me, except that I must have taking "lamp-oil" or so..... Hope, he is sitting and smile of me tonight..................

....They called me the wild Rose....(Kylie & Nick Cave)...the last one is better than Leonard Cohen and Tom Waits, I think!

A mistake, of course. I was look at The dead of Alexandr Litvinenko with Miranda Schunke and a lot of advertising (?) and Breaking News and sports-results. It was nothing...in stead of Paula Middlehurst and Co.

About my ranking (very funny). Have you never ever seen Lukwesa Burak at the Overnights, when she?s really, really hooked, sexy and clever all over the night? contra 2XAnna (boring) and Kay Burley. She was no. 1 at Sky News 10-12 years ago????After Linda Duberley. Maybe we some day could write a book before you got it, Jon. See U next week. Enjoy yourself!................classey......... ..............

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:17 am

Who needs love like that (Erasure) (1985).....

Maybe many viewers couldn?t see it - because they are sleeping - Samantha Simmonds the presenter of the last two (Overnights) at SN looked very tired, slow and not at the top of couse, she had 3-4 overnights last week, and two weeks ago plus one weekend day sunday (with Mark Longhurst), and again two/three-four (??) Overnights this week...

Well, other than her has doing this program(me) before, but only for a short while - so this is not durable and very shocking against her.

Samantha Simmonds is still very young - and, in my opinion, one of the best. She is the future. It?s a pressure for her the whole week - but she?s never saying NO..... Please stop her now - take a pair from the midday or so. Her boss or some responsibility must take action...now. Who needs "love" like that?

...........classey............. Take a break, Samantha......

Daisy Steiner

Post by Daisy Steiner » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:59 am

Finally she's back ! Lukwesa is without doubt the best thing on Sky News at the moment. She's pleasant, well-dressed and as for those dimples and that smile........I enjoy just watching her.

irxin

Post by irxin » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:23 am

techno_surfer wrote:Finally she's back ! Lukwesa is without doubt the best thing on Sky News at the moment. She's pleasant, well-dressed and as for those dimples and that smile........I enjoy just watching her.

My exact sentiments, well put

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:40 am

techno_surfer wrote:Finally she's back ! Lukwesa is without doubt the best thing on Sky News at the moment. She's pleasant, well-dressed and as for those dimples and that smile........I enjoy just watching her.

techno_surfer. I agree with you after holidays in two weks, but I?m afraid, that other people in that beautiful TV Forum don?t like her so much as we do. This is NOT our Forum alone. Remember that. Therefore. Take it easy. Lukwesa is only talented, beauty and very quick as reporter. Like Samantha Simmonds, but she had too many overnights last week and two weeks ago plus a weekday with another Mr. Nice Guy, Mark Longhurst. Poor Samantha, but I hope, she?s back again next week.

Let?s see: Paula Middlehurst, Gillian Joseph, Helen Morton Forpero, Steve Dixon and they said: Colin Brazier and of course Jeremy "Mr. News" Thompson is much better today - They are all together very prof - I mean it.....See you........Friendly classey.....

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:41 pm

classeyham wrote:Where The Wild Roses Grow (Kylie Minogue, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds) up to # 11 in UK (1995)..

Hi Jon (joon0boy)!

Why I have posted 2 of my post collectively the other day....is a mystery (I could?n first, second or third time).....somethings wrong.....maybe with my fingers......what is it called....a puzzle, and I was only drinking water...

About speaking another language all the day and then spelling in another - you know that, but it is always one minutes after that, when you?r thinking.....gosh....Now I?am "crazy"....You know that too and two isn?t the same thing, but..now it?s two/too late.....

People her, if they don?t know me, think I must be drinking something. I remember the first 75 times, Mr. Guvnorgaz, couldn?t understand anything from me, except that I must have taking "lamp-oil" or so..... Hope, he is sitting and smile of me tonight..................

....They called me the wild Rose....(Kylie & Nick Cave)...the last one is better than Leonard Cohen and Tom Waits, I think!

A mistake, of course. I was look at The dead of Alexandr Litvinenko with Miranda Schunke and a lot of advertising (?) and Breaking News and sports-results. It was nothing...in stead of Paula Middlehurst and Co.

About my ranking (very funny). Have you never ever seen Lukwesa Burak at the Overnights, when she?s really, really hooked, sexy and clever all over the night? contra 2XAnna (boring) and Kay Burley. She was no. 1 at Sky News 10-12 years ago????After Linda Duberley. Maybe we some day could write a book before you got it, Jon. See U next week. Enjoy yourself!................classey......... ..............

Christ on a bike, you write all that just to say 'Lukwesa is good and all the others are crap'. I dont think you are crazy mate, you just use 400 words where 10 would do the job :ph34r:

Daisy Steiner

Post by Daisy Steiner » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:53 pm

classeyham wrote:(post=17440:date=Dec 1 2006, 01:15 AM:name=techno_surfer)(techno_surfer @ Dec 1 2006, 01:15 AM) 17440

Finally she's back ! Lukwesa is without doubt the best thing on Sky News at the moment. She's pleasant, well-dressed and as for those dimples and that smile........I enjoy just watching her.

techno_surfer. I agree with you after holidays in two weks, but I?m afraid, that other people in that beautiful TV Forum don?t like her so much as we do. This is NOT our Forum alone. Remember that. Therefore. Take it easy. Lukwesa is only talented, beauty and very quick as reporter. Like Samantha Simmonds, but she had too many overnights last week and two weeks ago plus a weekday with another Mr. Nice Guy, Mark Longhurst. Poor Samantha, but I hope, she?s back again next week.

Let?s see: Paula Middlehurst, Gillian Joseph, Helen Morton Forpero, Steve Dixon and they said: Colin Brazier and of course Jeremy "Mr. News" Thompson is much better today - They are all together very prof - I mean it.....See you........Friendly classey.....

Why should what other people think, stop me expressing what, i as a viewer, think and feel. If i want to write that a particular presenter brings me enjoyment, than i shall. And if others think otherwise, well that's their opinion to express. She's a pleasure to watch, and for myself, that makes viewing, what frankly is rather depressing news , all the more easier.

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:55 pm

techno_surfer wrote on Dec 1 2006, 10:07 AM:

classeyham wrote on Dec 1 2006, 12:55 AM:

techno_surfer wrote on Dec 1 2006, 01:15 AM:

Hi techno_surfer.

Other people can?t stop you as a viewer or what you are thinking and feel about Lukwesa Burak. Of course not. My opinion is the same as your(s). I had - as reporter in DK - a lot of homework last evening/night, but I saw as usual Sky News from 11.00 - 06.00 CET and the overnights with Lukwesa Burak.

She has so much flair for Television, is very quick and also beauty. For me she is the best newcomer on Sky News this year! No doubt.

But I am also and ONLY a viewer too, not a writer here or a editor, so all the other viewers had their own opinion. This is great and not wrong.

If they for example like Paula Middlehurst, Helen Fospero, Emma Crosby, Colin Brazier, Allan King or Martin Stanford, it?s okay for me. We must remember, that people not are normally idencical. Think positive as I do. Hope you understand me! Have a nice weekend techno_surfer with Sky! Friendly......classey........