Lukwesa Burak

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
xxx

Post by xxx » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:32 pm

She does seem perkier than usual and seems to be enjoying herself this morning, makes viewing much easier, breaks up the monotony of the overnights.

montyzam

Post by montyzam » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:57 pm

jonn0boy wrote:She does seem perkier than usual and seems to be enjoying herself this morning, makes viewing much easier, breaks up the monotony of the overnights.

Know what you mean, she's much nicer to watch than samantha s who drones with her voice, really gets to me, always have to turn off. can't watch more than the lead story. hope they don't take luckwesa off overnights, she's the only positive thing on at that time of night.

jk80

Post by jk80 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:50 pm

What amazes me about all night time presenters is how they manage to look awake at such silly times of day. I work nights too sometimes, and I don't look nearly as awake. I wonder what their secret is? Coffee maybe!

xxx

Post by xxx » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:20 pm

And a bit of make up, does wonders I guess.

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:21 pm

jonn0boy wrote:And a bit of make up, does wonders I guess.

Martin Popplewell please come (back) and replace the personality (SKY NEWs Overnights) except , Of Course, Lukwesa Burak and Samantha Simmonds!

---- what a mouthful?!! ---

xxx

Post by xxx » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:25 pm

People don't usually want to do the night shift, Martin is probably happy on his slots now. Ye, get rid of Faye Barker back to London Tonight or wherever it is, out of sight, out of mind.

skyspy

Post by skyspy » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:53 pm

jonn0boy wrote:People don't usually want to do the night shift, Martin is probably happy on his slots now. Ye, get rid of Faye Barker back to London Tonight or wherever it is, out of sight, out of mind.

Easily my least favoured on EMT , thankfully Sky signed her up from the beeb.

and they took Priya kaur jones for five news too - oh happy days.

Another home grown talent ( not) is Samantha Simmonds, so it doesnt feel that much like skynews at night.

Theyre alright, cant complain, i fall asleep after a few minutes .

:closedeyes:

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:11 pm

It?s the same old song, when I see SN at midday (12 - 17) with Kay Burley, Anna Jones, Mark Longhurst and Anna Botting. Hope very soon to look at Julie Etchingham again or the overnights team with: Lukwesa Burak, Samantha Simmonds and Fay Barker. Also Lucy Alexander is much better than the midday?s :Cum on feel the noise....

xxx

Post by xxx » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:01 am

I much prefer the later half of the day on Sky News, from Live at Five with Jeremy Thompson (who isn't great admittedly, he stutters without autocue), Anna Botting, Martin Stanford, Gillian Joseph and Lukwesa Burak. The days I don't tend to watch much, they seem to be dull especially Sky News Today PM, Mark Longhurst doesn't do much to make it interesting lets be fair. Chris Roberts suited the nights far better.

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:39 am

Okay friend! A little respect for you.

I am not in the mood for Kay Burley, Anna Jones and Anna Botting - but That?s the way love goes.......

Prefer Sky News Overnights. And of course Lukwesa Burak and Samantha Simmonds. Btw my wife and children too.

Friendly Classeyham. Give me the Night.....