Mark White

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
Tellyguru

Post by Tellyguru » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:05 am

Is it just me or do people think that Sky's Mark White should be on more often and on bigger stories. I think he's very good live... what about some presenting work?

kev667

Post by kev667 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:30 am

Not sure.. he does sound depressed a lot.. a bit like Simon did after the war. ...listen to his sign-off on packages ...it might have just been the beckham affair thing ..but the way he said this;

the interview will be shown on sky one on thursday at 10pm.. mark white, sky news.

..the end four words made it sound like he was completely disinterested. ..maybe he should be commended for rubbishing the blatant plug and the story.

Tanya

Post by Tanya » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:31 am

It's Mark's birthday today!

Happy Birthday, all the best and hopefully next year you'll be celebrating it dry!

_______

Tanya

eagleeye

Post by eagleeye » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:31 pm

how d'you know that?! Mark should be a correspondent, not just a reporter in my 'umble opinion...happy birthday - a work or a whisky day?

Tanya

Post by Tanya » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:56 pm

David Foster congratulated him while he was reporting live from the marathon, ...all soaked by rain.

_______

Tanya

Tellyguru

Post by Tellyguru » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:27 pm

I think Mark should get more of the big stories.

He is very knowledgeable and experienced.

He is also quite good in live situations when the communications have dropped out

Tellyguru

Post by Tellyguru » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:23 pm

Isn't Mark White one of the best reporters on Sky News.

He is one of the best live performers.

Discuss!

Steven

Post by Steven » Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:51 pm

I have an idea, Tellyguru why don't you present an arguement thus allowing and facilitating a discussion.

SimUK

Post by SimUK » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:14 pm

Breaking News... just after 2pm Mark White was doing a live piece to camera in Trafalgar Square (London, for any foreign forum readers) about the Fathers 4 Justice protests which was taking place there.

He was saying how they were dressed in santa suits and there was a fairly heavy police presence due to the obvious possible threat of problems based on past experiences, but actually saying how it's being good etc... and said how they were starting to gather behind him as they'd noticed themselves on a big screen (is Sky News on a big screen there then?) and he said to pan the camera round to show the police elsewhere in the square, at which point you heard Mark White say "we are live on air!" and it turned out it was to a police constable who told him that "it's a peaceful protest" and basically to "stop filming".

The camera turned back round to Mark White who ended his report (rather than immedialtely coming to a stop) and handed back to the studio, and Michael Wilson said back to him that maybe he could ask why they were being stopped filming in a public place which is going about it's day to day business in a democracy - quite right! Will be very interesting to see what happens... do the police really have the power to stop an official news organisation reporting on a public event? And do they not want them filming incase they possibly inflame the situation and beat a few protesters over the head....... :rolleyes:

Will be worth keeping an eye out to see what happens and if they show it again (I hope they do)

Tellyguru

Post by Tellyguru » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:15 am

Where's Mark? I haven't seen him for a while?

I thought his reporting from Banda Aceh was excellent.

Why doesn't Sky send him abroad more often to places like Washington.

He's far better than David Blevins or Colin Brazier.