Problem Programmes

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
Steven

Post by Steven » Mon May 03, 2004 1:23 pm

But I do find it strange that the Saturday edition beats the weekday ones-like u would assume ppl are in bed that hour of a Sat morning, wouldn't you?

Well, Sky News does have a good track record at the weekends in term of audience; the evening bullitens often do well. It's essentially, I believe, to do with the fact that terrestrial news programmes are thinner on the ground over the weekend.

Breakfast News

Post by Breakfast News » Sat May 15, 2004 1:52 pm

IMO Sunrise should try to get viewers from BBC Breakfast. Have more discussion like Brekkie, and make good use of the newswall.

Hello

Post by Hello » Sat May 15, 2004 4:58 pm

Which part of the schedule do you think needs the most attention?

coloro:darkblueDunno, but there should have been an option in your poll for the adverts. I don't have a problem with much in the Sky News schedule, but the commercial breaks and that Halifax ad just before the weather drive me up the wall.[/colorc

Stevo has a point about the adverts. Necessary as they are couldn't they have fewer but longer commercial breaks. Also, the music used at the top of the hour when they are reading the headlines doesn't sound as good since they changed it. They should have left it as it was.

ST34

Post by ST34 » Sat May 15, 2004 5:24 pm

I'm surprised by the poll results to date. Now with Lorna, Sunrise is twice the program it was before (she joined).

8-12 is bland. Weekend is dull.

AJ

Post by AJ » Sun May 16, 2004 6:59 pm

The poll was started quite a while before the Sunrise revamp though. I'd agree that Sunrise is much MUCH better now though.