Dancing on Ice: Kay's voted off

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:50 am

Phil and Ulrika in the skate off.

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:29 am

Johnnie wrote:Phil and Ulrika in the skate off.

.. and Phil lost.

Kay's video:

[youtube]Wg7VXFZXsGY[/youtube]

skyspy

Post by skyspy » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:46 am

Kay did very well this week considering her blow to the head which did nothing for her confidence.

Her movement to the music is getting better , her lifts were better and her footwork on the ice was good.

I liked her hand jives during the one lift and her smile was more genuine too.

Well done to Kay

skyspy

Post by skyspy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:42 pm

Reading Kay's blog today , she sounds if the shock has worn off and she's back to reality with another bump.

I hope she can get over her loss of confidence and get back into the skating in the next few days. It'll be a shame if after what she's been through in the past week that she can't recover now and then show us what she can do on Saturday's show.

Daisy Steiner

Post by Daisy Steiner » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:49 am

I found this on Popbitch this morning

Sky News staff are enjoying Kay Burley on Dancing on Ice. She hobbles in after morning ice practice to

choruses of "you're very brave", and stifled giggles.

del

Post by del » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:02 am

Chris Roberts asked Kay this morning when she did a live with Shilpa if Shilpa was going to give her ice-skating tips....

I suppose it is quite funny, seeing as Mark Longhurst's been taking the mick on air...I know a few weeks before it started she was complaining about falling on the ice to Charlie Thomas, and he didn't quite laugh about it, but a sarcastic "ooh."

I'd like to see when she eventually does come out, the monday edition of LTL dedicated to her and Fred's hard work [ :rolleyes: ]

skyspy

Post by skyspy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:12 pm

OperaGhost wrote:Chris Roberts asked Kay this morning when she did a live with Shilpa if Shilpa was going to give her ice-skating tips....

I suppose it is quite funny, seeing as Mark Longhurst's been taking the mick on air...I know a few weeks before it started she was complaining about falling on the ice to Charlie Thomas, and he didn't quite laugh about it, but a sarcastic "ooh."

I'd like to see when she eventually does come out, the monday edition of LTL dedicated to her and Fred's hard work [ :rolleyes: ]

That could be sooner than she wants unless her mind returns to the super cool and hard as ice kay is, or likes to think

she is when she gets back onto the ice today and friday

I'm being a bit over cynical here just for once but is Ms Burley really shaking at the thought of skating on saturday or is she playing the sympathy card to improve her chances. Last week she was the bravest thing on ice without doubt, but what is she like now, is Kay suffering from PTSAS or is she ready for the hurley burley of competition ? Will Saturday reveal anything ( including her bottom I hope ) about just how much Kay has recovered from it in another rollercoaster of a week in Kay's dramatic and eventful skating career.

Keep watching this space. ^_^

Your skating correspondant skyspy

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:13 pm

Kay will be wearing a champagne-coloured catsuit - complete with peacock feathers for tomorrows DOI.

skyspy

Post by skyspy » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:30 am

You've been sniffing about and inspecting her blog .

I've got a mixed set of feelings about this , no revealing views as Kay goes aerial tonight ?

:rolleyes:

A cat suit ? Maybe all of Kay will be there to see , just under lycra . She can't wear padding with that .....

remembers freddie starr impersonating mick jagger , kenny everett 's Rod stewart ............

Not a good look , better if kay wears nothing but her cat suit and boots .

Good luck Miss Kay Burley.

del

Post by del » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:44 am

Better this time round for Kay....but what do I know?