Dancing on Ice: Kay's voted off

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
skyspy

Post by skyspy » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:54 pm

She did all the required elements well , her skating and movement were tentative. Cannot blame her , seeing the trailer of last weeks practice she looked shattered on the ice. It's weird how her nerves held until after the weekend and then she lost it. I think she was in stunned shock after the accident and then the reaction hit.

I'll take Kay at her word now , she said she was terrified and I believe her now. I've never seen her look so lacking in confidence before.

vicky23

Post by vicky23 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:58 pm

Kay was good tonight and nearly crying on the VT. Ice cool Kay crying!! Im in shock

skyspy

Post by skyspy » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:10 pm

Kay survives !

I thought she was going to go after the useless Stephen Gateley survived on the votes and Kay was in the skate off.

But no Kay lives to skate another day .

Her skating was fine but the costume she wore and the music were a bit disappointing. Give her a skirt and a fast tempo song and then I hope the judges and viewers will give her a better score.

I hope she can be generous to the defeated Ulrika and give her some commiserations in the post DOI show .

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:45 am

Absolutely brilliant!! I was shocked to see Kay in the Skate off, I thought that was Kay's best performance yet, but as you said skyspy, once Gateley was through Kay was sure to face the skate off, and i guess at the end of the day, the best lady won..

skyspy

Post by skyspy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:59 pm

Johnnie wrote:Absolutely brilliant!! I was shocked to see Kay in the Skate off, I thought that was Kay's best performance yet, but as you said skyspy, once Gateley was through Kay was sure to face the skate off, and i guess at the end of the day, the best lady won..

Kay did so well on the show and didnt put a foot wrong throughout.

Kay's skating was good with perfect circles and the lift was flawless .The judges again undermarked her by a few points.

When I saw that she had scored less than Lee sharpe and duncan , I couldnt believe it. Kay's routine was worth more than just 18.5.

I'm not sure how kay got through the skate off but hey i'm no expert like the judges . I'm so glad that she's through to next week , totally deserved.

Kay was lovely to Ulrika in the after show, telling her that Ulrika's skate off performance was better. Being the professional journalist, she couldn't tell a lie. No one has been as honest or as generous on the show so far.

vicky23

Post by vicky23 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:33 pm

I thought it was obvious that Kay and Ulrika dont like each other (Far too much hugging and kissing). Brilliant TV, im so glad that Kay beat Ulrika. I was literally jumping around the room

DaveGCI

Post by DaveGCI » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:46 pm

vicky23 wrote:I thought it was obvious that Kay and Ulrika dont like each other (Far too much hugging and kissing). Brilliant TV, im so glad that Kay beat Ulrika. I was literally jumping around the room

How sad. One newsreader, and not a very good one, with an ego who is aiming to be a minor celebrity beats a minor celebrity in a pointless television programme. Why is that brilliant TV?

vicky23

Post by vicky23 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:41 pm

DaveGCI wrote:(post=18231:date=Feb 4 2007, 12:06 PM:name=vicky23)(vicky23 @ Feb 4 2007, 12:06 PM) 18231
I thought it was obvious that Kay and Ulrika dont like each other (Far too much hugging and kissing). Brilliant TV, im so glad that Kay beat Ulrika. I was literally jumping around the room

How sad. One newsreader, and not a very good one, with an ego who is aiming to be a minor celebrity beats a minor celebrity in a pointless television programme. Why is that brilliant TV?

Chill out, its only a bit of a laugh! There is nothing better than beating your enemy LOL. I would love it!

skyspy

Post by skyspy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:00 pm

Just read Kay's thoughts about Saturday. She's very happy and a teenie bit surprised she was victorious over Ulrika in the skate off. Kay sounds so into her skating I wouldn't be surprised if she does the news with her skates slung over shoulder!

del

Post by del » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:17 am

Right, so If I heard correctly on lunchtime live, Kay's skating was better than Jonny Wilkinson's comeback.....