Sky News - General Thread

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
classeyham

Post by classeyham » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:04 pm

lakewood wrote:Sky news are always like the proverbial Ambulance chasers and the worst ghoul that they have is Kay Burley - I dont know if it is a coincidence that when it was realised that the THAMES was going to be flooded - meaning LONDON was in "Danger"- suddenly the intensity of the reporting was stepped up and the "important" guns were shipped in i.e Jeremy Thompson and her highness Lady Burley. I don't recall the same intensity of reportting of the floods in the "North" the other week.

Her Highness can not skate right now...

I am sure, you are right with the Thames vs. The North the other week - "lakewood" - but remember - that Her Highness Lady Kay Burley can not skate on the THAMES just now...Classeyham!

me

Post by me » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:09 pm

My apology if this has been repeated on the forums but what has happened to Andrew Wilson and where is he now.

I have found a report on the web that says Robert Nisbet will take his place in September and Catherine Jacob will take Robert Nisbet's place as Environment commentator. Here is the link

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/a69225/new-environment-reporter-for-sky-news.htmlhttp://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/a69225/new-environment-reporter-for-sky-news.html>

imagedude

Post by imagedude » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:42 pm

Honestly, I'm away for a few days, and you all start squabbling over Dame Kay.

She's mine. End of.

I have to say, the bits that i did see of her were quite gripping actually. First we were brought news of how she might have a runny nose, and then, a major drama occured as she started screaming (quite literally) at an elderly couple to walk slowly in through the flood water as they tried to make their escape from the Ice Queen.

Simply thrilling.

Anyway can't wait to see her daily broadcast to the nation (assuming she's not away) tomurrow as I've been away for the past 10 days in Tunisia and will be going to land of Oz for a month on wednesday.

dan_mase

Post by dan_mase » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:38 pm

andrew wilson will be moving into the studio at the start of sept presumably covering for Lorna who will go on maternity leave

HOWIE

Post by HOWIE » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:27 am

Is Jayne Secker back on Sky news full time now, as it is good to see her back

Lone

Post by Lone » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:30 pm

Is it me or has Lisa Burke been demoted back to weather presenter?

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:39 pm

She was back on over the weekend, she hasnt had much to do as the science corespondent has she?

kaylover

Post by kaylover » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:02 pm

Is Sunday & Saturday Live now going to be with Lorna & Steve? They seem to have new opening titles, like the old sky news today ones.

Lone

Post by Lone » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:10 am

guvnorgaz wrote:She was back on over the weekend, she hasnt had much to do as the science corespondent has she?

Yeah, she hasn't been doing much at all, though I would've thought the current Foot & Mouth outbreak would have given her another opportunity to get stuck in a lab reporting on some tests.

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:04 pm

She was dunking some test tubes into the flood water the other week, to show us the water was polluted, no need really, you could tell that by all the turds floating around that it wasnt Evian quality