Alison Bell

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
kerry

Post by kerry » Mon May 03, 2004 2:40 pm

Does anyone know where Alison bell is? is she coming back to Sky?

Steven

Post by Steven » Mon May 03, 2004 2:50 pm

Does anyone know where Alison bell is? is she coming back to Sky?  :(

She's been doing a bit at CNN. I'm not too sure if she's still there at the mo.

I have to agree I do like her, she would've been good on Sunrise.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon May 03, 2004 5:22 pm

Did she have a fight with sky or anything? or did she just get a better deal with CNN?

Steven

Post by Steven » Mon May 03, 2004 5:26 pm

Did she have a fight with sky or anything? or did she just get a better deal with CNN?

Well, she was on free-lance work at Sky and probably got a better offer at CNN. As I recall she was presenting World News Europe 5 nights a week. Finoula (sp?) Sweeney was on another assignment.

MelbourneTV

Post by MelbourneTV » Sun May 16, 2004 11:47 am

Is Alison Bell a New Zealander?

In her bio it says:

"Alison Bell has worked in both Radio and Television Media.

Alison first started working on a Radio station in New Zeland which was a Top Rating Show.

Alison came over to the UK and worked with the New ITN News Channel which hit the Air in 2001. It wasn't too long before Alison Bell join the Great Sky News.

Alison Bell as broke some of the Top Stories on Sky News Including The Tube crash at Chancery Lane, The Death of Policeman Steve Oake , The Death of Bee Gee Gibb, and Traces of Ricin found in North London. Alison Bell can be seen On Selected Weekends and sometimes Duing the Week.

Alison bell is Freelancing. "

So is she a NZ born or just moved there, then moved back to London?

MediaSlave

Post by MediaSlave » Sun May 16, 2004 4:52 pm

Alison Bell is currently a freelance TV and Radio news presenter - appearing predominantly on CNN International and Sky News - as well as popping-up occasionally on LBC 97.3FM.

Until June 2002, she was a presenter for the ITN News Channel, from its launch in August 2000. She joined ITN in January 1999 as a presenter on News Direct, the London-wide all-news radio station.

Alison's broadcasting career took off in the New Zealand capital of Wellington, where she was a top rating breakfast radio personality. She also hosted her own mid-morning show on the city's Number One commercial radio station.

Although born in Yorkshire, Alison grew up in New Zealand and now lives in London.

MelbourneTV

Post by MelbourneTV » Thu May 20, 2004 2:49 pm

SNA should try to get her to front their channel, although I doubt she'd except a demotion.

I really think SNA should become "Sky News Australasia" and broadcast LIVE from Sydney to NZ, Fiji, New Caledonia, PNG, East Timor and Singapore. Of course keep its primary role as Australia's news channel but expand its presence as they're the key nations in the region.

Pete19

Post by Pete19 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:23 am

Just saw on Sky News Today that Alison Bell has been arrested on drug charges with James Hewitt.

If its true, who would have thought?

Tanya

Post by Tanya » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:47 am

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1144245,00.htmlSky News Headlines

I guess she has found herself a new occupation!

________

Tanya

Kristian

Post by Kristian » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:39 am

I'm stunned Seriously.

I can't believe this. She must've been duped by this Hewitt character. I hope. Or just falsely accused. Somehow.

She hasn't been on CNN recently, has she?

Ah, now I realise who this Hewitt character is... I'm not British, so I'm not familiar with your "celebs" as much. What the hell was she doing with this sorry person anyway? :angry: