New Look for Sunrise from Monday April 19th!!!

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
rob

Post by rob » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:47 am

Current date is March 15th for graphics.

Slight change to openers (and I mean slight)

New Sports graphics

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:36 pm

I will not believe it until i see it, although the person who supplied this information is normally correct.

Slight changes? Is this a slight change to the average viewer?

A little change to the text alignment would be seen has a big change to us guys. we seem to notice anything that Sky News does, So if its a tweak here tweak there - thats a big change to us enthusiasts.

st1407

Post by st1407 » Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:13 pm

Well, new graphics would be good. Perhaps a little bit smaller than these at the moment and with more colour.

But I would also like to see more shows out of the newsroom or a behind- the scene look!

Johnnie, you surely know some people at SKY News - please tell them about such a show.

thanks

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:20 pm

you just have.

gillw

Post by gillw » Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:31 pm

Current date is March 15th for graphics.  

Slight change to openers (and I mean slight)  

New Sports graphics

That would be a change from "For over 10 years" to "For over 15 years...."

NEWSBOY2

Post by NEWSBOY2 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:54 pm

Hi, newsboy got deleted some how, so its newsboy2 now. Jeez how long does it take to add some new graphics?. If its such a slight modification than why the hold up? z

Rmarkh

Post by Rmarkh » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:16 pm

I've been reading this thread for quite sometime now, ever since I first found this site and heard news about the possibility of new graphics/idents for Sky News.

I have been a Sky watcher since 1989 and have always been there every time I knew that there was going to be a new ident for ANY Sky channel.....I've lost count of how many times I've sat there on a Sunday morning flicking through all the channels looking at the new idents, catching the new logos and theme tunes.....

As someone who has, as I just said, watched the evolution of Sky News over the years I can HONESTLY say that Sky is due some new re-branding, not just Sky News but the WHOLE network.

You go back to 1994 or 1996 and Sky had lively, active idents and graphics.....the current lot are so boring, so lifeless.....NOT what Sky used to be.

I have seen many mocks of new idents/graphics for Sky News on the internet....liked some, hated others.....but many were better than what we have now. I've NEVER liked the current set of idents/logos

Sky News, as with the rest of the network, should be bold and fresh.....Come on Sky people...if you're reading these forums take note and bring Sky back to the top where it belongs.

maxi

Post by maxi » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:25 pm

I agree with Rmarkh, not only does Sky News need to freshen up a bit, but most of the News Readers have also now been presenting the same "slot" for a long time and it must be time for a change round. Makes sense to move them around when the graphics change.

Do Sky News ever read these threads? ... if they don't they should.

AJ

Post by AJ » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:14 pm

so, are the graphics all set for the Monday launch?

let the whole weekend of speculation begin!!!

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:26 am

let the whole weekend of speculation begin!!!

I haven't heard to much about the new graphics but what i have heard is has follows

Window key dropped from Sports gfx

Smaller slugs also flipped so the curve is top right. (like the Sky centre link which is at the top of this page)

There will only be one set of graphics that will go with or without the ticker. unlike today where it is a smaller gfxs for day and larger gfxs for evening and weekends.

I also hope they take that horrible blue band out of the newspaper stills

http://skynewscentre.co.uk/images/graphics02/newspapers/01.jpg

and change the two way background to the background they used for the Soham Murder trial.

http://skynewscentre.co.uk/images/graphics02/splitscreens/splitscreens%20(42).jpg

What are your thoughts?