New Look for Sunrise from Monday April 19th!!!

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
AJ

Post by AJ » Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:43 pm

ooh aye! slightly different globe on the newswall there!

Clair

Post by Clair » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:42 pm

I look forward to the 'new look' tomorrow - hopefully the new graphics will go with the music slightly better than the current set.

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:36 pm

I thought i also saw a "the top stories" strap on the newswall - which was very similar to the current breaking news strap.

I heard that the new graphics will be red and white - with the blue taken out of all straps.

I also heard that windows keys will be dropped from all sports graphics.

We shall soon find out.....

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:51 pm

Just back from holiday where I had sky news international. The ?new? idents (as Australia) where partially played on an advert (don?t know if it just on the international version as I haven?t seen it yet here.)

philg

Post by philg » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:19 pm

Just back from holiday where I had sky news international.  The ?new? idents (as Australia) where partially played on an advert (don?t know if it just on the international version as I haven?t seen it yet here.)

That is the 15 years of Breaking News ad that they have had running for a while. Interesting to see what they are going to do tomorrow, a new look for Sunrise would be brilliant, as would the long awaited new graphics. Any idea about what Sunrise will be like?

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:03 am

First ident is the same - second ident has changed. - Name straps has changed to red and white - with a red strip on top of the strap.

The ticker is on - but is not tickering.

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:55 am

http://www.skynewscentre.co.uk/viewpictures.asp?Page=1&ShowSub=images/newgfxScreen Grabs

skynewsireland

Post by skynewsireland » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:31 am

Just some of my reactions....

Ok new idents and openers are good - what we expected having seen Oz. I'm interested to see how the globe will look with the extended roll and name tag for Sky News Today...

Lorna and Greg standing in newscentre at 7 (a la Sky News Today) - not terribly inventive but at least they've started to do something with the programme (for god sake even the night slot (8-midnight managed to get off their arses before them!)

The graphics - some are o.k. I actually like the huge "Coming up" one, but all the red and white will have to grow on me I hope!

And the "non-tickering ticker" - well I'll refrain from saying what I screamed at the TV but it's cheap - either pay somebody to put the content on it or lose it!

Anyway that's all my initial reaction...

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:46 am

yes... all looks good - Not too sure about the active and vote straps seems messy.

I don't like the red thin line on top of the straps.

I do like the white strap on top of the 'coming up/top stories" straps.

Love the ident.

Glad they have changed the background on the split screen - it seems to be the same as the Soham/EU backdrop.

Tanya

Post by Tanya » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:48 am

The graphic looks fine,...but standing positions of Lorna & Greg and different camera shots are even more noticeable than the new graphic. They both did main news standing, like on "Sky News Today", then Lorna moved to the news wall and did "News in Brief". Everything looks much more dynamic on Sunrise now.

....but one bad thing...the ticker...not here too!

______

Tanya