New Look for Sunrise from Monday April 19th!!!

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:02 am

I take it that was the 'Sky News Today' sting

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:03 am

10:05am the ticker is still not tickering

philg

Post by philg » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:25 am

It has started ticking now. But i don't think having it still when it isn't going is that bad. They should have changed the Breaking News graphic, it isn't distinctive, the good thing about Sky News used to be that it was immediately clear when there was breaking news.

Tanya

Post by Tanya » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:42 am

I have to agree with philg,..."Coming up" is more visual now, than "Breaking News"!

______

Tanya

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:30 pm

Just back from holiday where I had sky news international.  The ?new? idents (as Australia) where partially played on an advert (don?t know if it just on the international version as I haven?t seen it yet here.)

That is the 15 years of Breaking News ad that they have had running for a while. Interesting to see what they are going to do tomorrow, a new look for Sunrise would be brilliant, as would the long awaited new graphics. Any idea about what Sunrise will be like?

No it's a different ad, I presume it has not been on in the UK but only internationally. Details of this ad are http://skynewsforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=160here

Stevo

Post by Stevo » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:55 pm

The graphics - some are o.k. I actually like the huge "Coming up" one, but all the red and white will have to grow on me I hope!

I like the 'coming up' strap too, although there does seem to be too much red on the straps at times. I'd like to see a bit more blue around the place. (But that's probably just me.) - It's taken a few hours for them to grow on me but overall, yeah I like the changes.

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:19 pm

Martin Stanford?s on the evening shift ? how odd.

Are we going to see changes tonight for news at 9 and 10, guess we?ll just have to wait and see?

AJ

Post by AJ » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:20 pm

The ident is a nice evolution of the last globe ident. The straps do look a bit cheap, but I'm sure they'll grow on me.

The dicky non-ticking ticker - hmmm. I suppose it's different and reflects the interactive nature of the channel by displaying Email etc but I do think they could use it a bit better during Sunrise - i.e. have it flipping over with weather - rather than having it static or ticking.

With regards to Sunrise - the format change is great, but still lacking that soft set - I just feel that it's too formal to be sat at a desk at that time of day - no matter how short the time they are there is for.

The weather graphics are starting to look tired, and it's a shame that they didn't change.

The blue background on the 2ways is nice - it looks like the searchlight around the globe just scanning - a bit like a radar I suppose.

The sport graphics are horrendus though - all centered, different sizes shapes etc etc. There's no coherence to them at all except the whooshy white background - seems the graphic designer had an off day when designing those. I was hoping that they would be similar to the Player of the Year gfx they used last week.

Sort these things out along with the 8.00pm to 12.00am slot and you'll have nailed it I think!

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:52 pm

Vivien just plugged the Sky website - with the old blue strap.

philg

Post by philg » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:04 pm

Why do people hate Sky's weather graphics so much? I think they make it really clear, and make it very easy to get a quick overview of eveything that is happening, as they show temperature, and rain in one shot. The BBC for example show precipitation, then temp etc.