Russian School Siege

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
dodrade

Post by dodrade » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:12 pm

By the way does anyone know how old rachel amatt is? she doesnt look past 30 to me.

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:13 pm

I now have a copy of the DC package on the server: http://skynewscentre.co.uk/media/files/dcbeslan.rmClick here to download it.. It's 5-6mb's and is in real media (.rm) format...

Maybe Kevin will sort out a smaller sized file? but thats the best i can do..

eagleeye

Post by eagleeye » Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:53 pm

Are Sky (et al) still running with this story today? I sincerely hope that the press have left now, leaving the poor people who have suffered such unimaginable pain alone to grieve in private .

I think the media should now decamp to Moscow to ask some tough questions of Mr Putin and how his govt handles Chechnya and handles sieges.

Yes Johnnie the pictures that we all saw, everywhere in the world, spoke volumes in any language; but sometimes the screen protects us from the full impact that those on the ground actually see (in fact they can't show us it all as they admit). So the quality of the verbal reporting is important and that's the point I was trying to make.

It's easier for the print media who have pages allocated to them to write up the whole story in full...