Signed Photos

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
Schumi

Post by Schumi » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:59 pm

Newsroom+Oct 28 2004, 04:50 PM(Newsroom @ Oct 28 2004, 04:50 PM)

You are better off emailing them when they are ON AIR, they usually reply during their shift as long as there is not breaking news or something!

Obviously, I want to be polite in the email. So...how do you ask for a autographed photo without sounding rude? Do you give your address in the same email, or wait for a responce first?

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:49 pm

I e-mailed the presenter I wanted a signed photo from and I gave my address in that e-mail and I also pointed out that I tried various other ways to make contact with no joy previously so e-mailing the presenter directly was my only option and it worked. I think it also doesn't hurt to praise the presenter that you want the signed photo from. I can't say if the same method would work if you e-mailed Sky Sports News but by all means give it a try( you'd never know ). I might as well say now who the presenter was as I got my signed photo in the post yesterday morning and I was afraid that I might jeopardise getting the photo if I mentioned her name previously( maybe I was being too cautious ). It was Sheila Jansen.

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:26 pm

Thats good news then, and very good of Sheila to do so..

Do these photos have Sky News logos on them? I haven't seen these photos before, are they any good?

Schumi

Post by Schumi » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:39 am

Actually, it's not a signed photo I would be asking for. I sent something for the presenter I want to email to consider, and I haven't received a written responce yet. I'm not quite sure how I should word this email. Obviously I would mention that I recognise that you are a busy person etc, and a reply would mean a great deal etc. Do I also praise the work they are doing at sky?

Alloneword

Post by Alloneword » Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:44 am

Schumi+Oct 28 2004, 02:51 PM(Schumi @ Oct 28 2004, 02:51 PM)

Did you ask her for a signed photo?

Yep sure did will just have to wait and see now.

and yes i did give her my address.

Schumi

Post by Schumi » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:47 pm

Evan+Oct 29 2004, 06:17 PM(Evan @ Oct 29 2004, 06:17 PM)

I e-mailed the presenter I wanted a signed photo from and I gave my address in that e-mail and I also pointed out that I tried various other ways to make contact with no joy previously so e-mailing the presenter directly was my only option and it worked.

Can I ask which other ways you tried to contact her before email?

Evan

Post by Evan » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:20 am

Basically I tried to contact Sheila by e-mail only. Firstly by e-mailing the Sky News website, secondly by joining the e-panel and then having read on this site I tried the first name.last mailto:name@bskyb.com">name@bskyb.com method and that worked for me. I didn't send any mail because firstly I didn't know the postal address and anyway you really have no guarantee that the letter you send will even reach them. A buddy of mine tried to post a letter to them but he had no joy when he used that method of contact.

Evan

Post by Evan » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:55 pm

Sorry I glanced over your comments Johnnie and forgot to respond to them and yes you are right because it certainly was very good of Sheila to send me a signed photo and to answer your question down on the bottom of the photo there is a white band with Sheila Jansen printed on it and next to that are the words Sky News. Sheila signed it simply by writing the following:- Evan, Best Wishes, Sheila. Or words to that effect. Your spot on Johnnie it was good news then.

Schumi

Post by Schumi » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:18 pm

It seems the sky sports news presenters don't have email address. I tried the mailto:firstname.lastname@bskyb.com">firstname.lastname@bskyb.com address but the email bounced back. I then tried mailto:firstnamelastname@bskyb.com">firstnamelastname@bskyb.com and the same thing happens.

Seems stupid that sky news presenters have address, and sky sports news presenters don't.