Anorman/woman

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
Newsrat

Post by Newsrat » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:07 pm

Steven+Nov 8 2004, 08:55 PM(Steven @ Nov 8 2004, 08:55 PM)

HBox+Nov 8 2004, 07:29 PM(HBox @ Nov 8 2004, 07:29 PM)

Simon was one of Sky's better male presenters, he is under utilised at the BBC and Sky have still not found an adequate replacement.  Him and Kay had a good on-screen chemistry.

I think you'll find that there was on air tension . . . .

Simon and Kay presented Sunrise in the past and I think the "tension" / chemistry is a result of a comfortable familiarity with each other. Just look at how Kay terrorises the other presenters, Simon was never afraid to put her in her place.

Simon was always at his best when the on screen chemistry worked, i.e Natasha Kaplinsky, Kay B, Anna Botting and Julie Etchingham.

Skybaby

Post by Skybaby » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:15 pm

Newsrat+Nov 9 2004, 08:24 AM(Newsrat @ Nov 9 2004, 08:24 AM)

Simon was one of Sky's better male presenters, he is under utilised at the BBC and Sky have still not found an adequate replacement. Him and Kay had a good on-screen chemistry.

Simon and Kay presented Sunrise in the past and I think the "tension" / chemistry is a result of a comfortable familiarity with each other. Just look at how Kay terrorises the other presenters, Simon was never afraid to put her in her place.

Simon was always at his best when the on screen chemistry worked, i.e Natasha Kaplinsky, Kay B, Anna Botting and Julie Etchingham.

Simon was funny when with Kay, whatever was happening between them. I remember when they presented Sunrise and Kay made a comment about how great it was driving to work at 4am because there was no traffic. Simon's reply was along the lines of, "Yeah, it is, especially when you use a broomstick."

I miss Simon a lot on Sky - I think the fact that he left so soon after Bob Friend really left a void on the channel. I saw him the other week on BBC Breakfast (which I do watch these days over the complete yawnfest that is now Sunrise) presenting with Natasha, and it was like their era of Sunrise all over again.

Newsroom

Post by Newsroom » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:16 pm

I dislike Kay.

However, at presnt, the only presenters she can work with well in my opinion are Martin Stanford and Mark longhurst.

particularly the latter

Newsrat

Post by Newsrat » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:16 pm

Skybaby+Nov 9 2004, 08:56 AM(Skybaby @ Nov 9 2004, 08:56 AM)

Newsrat+Nov 9 2004, 08:24 AM(Newsrat @ Nov 9 2004, 08:24 AM)

Simon was one of Sky's better male presenters, he is under utilised at the BBC and Sky have still not found an adequate replacement. Him and Kay had a good on-screen chemistry.

Simon was funny when with Kay, whatever was happening between them. I remember when they presented Sunrise and Kay made a comment about how great it was driving to work at 4am because there was no traffic. Simon's reply was along the lines of, "Yeah, it is, especially when you use a broomstick."

I miss Simon a lot on Sky - I think the fact that he left so soon after Bob Friend really left a void on the channel. I saw him the other week on BBC Breakfast (which I do watch these days over the complete yawnfest that is now Sunrise) presenting with Natasha, and it was like their era of Sunrise all over again.

the subject of Mr McCoy still seems to envoke debate almost a year after he has left sky. We live in hope that sky might eventually get the message and will one day see his return B)

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:33 pm

I'm more concerned with this:

I dislike Kay.

- Why do most of you hate Kay? Am I the only one in the Kay fan club?

Skybaby

Post by Skybaby » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:29 pm

Mr Byrne+Nov 12 2004, 03:39 PM(Mr Byrne @ Nov 12 2004, 03:39 PM)

I'm more concerned with this:

I dislike Kay.

- Why do most of you hate Kay? Am I the only one in the Kay fan club?

Kay is like Marmite - it's either love or hate.

She's an odd one for me, because although I agree with all the (sensible) reasons people give for not liking her, I personally do like her overall. Yes, there are definately better presenters than her, but...I don't know. Somehow it wouldn't be the same without her.

*waits for straightjacket* :ph34r:

hamishnewhouse

Post by hamishnewhouse » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:32 pm

Kay Makes me laugh! Shes great!

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:00 pm

I like Kay as well. I think she's a good presenter. I really don't understand why people here are so anti-kay!!!

HBox

Post by HBox » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:05 pm

I agree with Skybaby about Kay, I can understand some of the points people have made, but she does kind of personify Sky News, and it wouldn't be the same without her. However, unless Sky can find a suitable male co-presenter (I know what people say about Mark Longhurst) that can be an equal to Kay then perhaps she should present alone. She always takes the lead.

I know this is a bit random, but I aslo like the supplemental business presenter, Heather Scott, she always looks good and professional on screen. We should see more of her, perhaps not just in business news. I don't know if I am alone on this one, but hey, that's my opinion.

MARKYMARK

Post by MARKYMARK » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:27 pm

For me skybaby sums it up......'there are much better presenters than her'

I work from home, sky news is practically on all day long, except during the afternoon when Kay Burley is on, I take a break and watch something else, then turn back when she has finished.

She firmly believes that she is bigger than anyone or anything else in the set-up, and that includes the actual news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks down her nose at everyone......no as you can tell I am NOT a fan at all.