Anorman/woman

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:13 pm

Well, I can understand charlie. I mean, I rarely work from home so I don't see Kay unless I take a late lunch- but I don't watch Sky News 24/7.

My opinion can't be very strong on that subject, because I rarely see Kay, but what I've seen from her, I do like her. She doesn't stuter (e.g. go ehh ehh ehn well well ) -, so how can she be that bad. - I mean, it appears to me, that she just simply iritates or annoys you, is that it?

MARKYMARK

Post by MARKYMARK » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:49 pm

I have to agree with you 100% Kay Burley does not stutter or fluff her lines, and it may well be the case that I just cannot take to the woman but there has to be a bigger reason than 'I just don't like her'.

There are presenters that I prefer over others, delivery, style etc is a whole package in my book.

I don't want to be watching someone who tries to or actually succeeds in overshadowing the news by there demeanour. Now take Jeremy Thompson, he is someone who is extremely experienced and I am sure up there in the pecking order at sky news, but I could watch him until the cows come home, his delivery, his manner, his knowledge, his presence enhances the news content, he has still maintained in his delivery that 'the news is the story, the focus, not me'.

I watch a great deal of sky news, as I say, it is even on now as I type. I can give a concise typo on all the presenters styles etc, dosent make me right in what I say though, we all have a different opinion which is very interesting.

Hullo

Post by Hullo » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:52 pm

I completely agree about Jeremy Thompson - I made the point some time ago that he doesn't need to wander about the studio (newswall, pit, in front of the desk, etc.) to try to make the news interesting - it's all in the voice, the authoritative delivery, and his perfect judgement as to when to inject a personal comment (sometimes just an inflection) and when to let the news do the talking.

You're right that Kay doesn't stutter or fluff her lines when she reads. The problem comes when she interviews. She seems to have difficulty making the interviewee at ease, and even when she's talking live to a correspondent or a reporter it's amazing how many times you hear "Sorry, Kay, I didn't quite catch that".

Get rid of Kay, get rid of Emma, tell Juliet Errington to stick with being a Transport Correspondent and tell Martin to be a bit more flexible... and there would hardly be a weak link left.

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:33 pm

Well, charlie, I think sometimes it can come down to simply a presenter irritating someone. Kay does not irritate me , I do like her and I think she is very professional. As we agreed on, she does not stutter or fluff her lines. She has a lot of experience too.

As I said before, I rarely see Kay, but from what I've seen, I think she is very proffessional and I like her presenting the news.

I can however understand your views and accept them.

MARKYMARK

Post by MARKYMARK » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:50 pm

Mr Byrne we should be heartened, in a world that is on a daily basis becomes blacker and blacker in so many ways. War, famine, politic elite taking the rise out of the people they are supposed to 'serve', many more things I could mention.

At least on here there are people who come together with very ifferent views and opinions yet we can still respect each other.

LETS ALL OF US BIG UP OURSELVES!!

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:47 pm

At least on here there are people who come together with very ifferent views and opinions yet we can still respect each other.

LETS ALL OF US BIG UP OURSELVES!!

LOL. Where did that come out of?

That was a very emotional speech.

Anyway, I watched Sky News @ 1PM with Kay on the job and I didn't see anything wrong about her. I can understand how she might irritate people though - but she doesn't irritate me.

Wasn't Kay the one who got the interview with Beckhams mistress?

MARKYMARK

Post by MARKYMARK » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:46 pm

I'm an emotinal kinda guy!

Hello

Post by Hello » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:55 am

If Kay is better at presenting on her own, as some threads have suggested, then why not put her on presenting on her own on the likes of the overnight shift or the weekend shift. Then shift some of the presenters on the overnight/ weekend shift that present on their own , like Anjali Rao has done, onto a shift presenting with someone else. <_< <_<

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:44 pm

I'm an emotinal kinda guy!

Well no need to get emotional on my account - I haven't lost the plot yet

But what about poor little Kay? She might be an emotional kind of woman.

Well, don't dispair Kay, I still love you

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:37 am

Hello

My favourite is only Jeremy Thompson.

I think he is the best.

But I don't know nothing about him (unfortunately).

I can watch him almost every evening and his live coverages.

I thing he is a perfect presenter (and was a perfect reporter).