On a scale of 1 to 10

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
lee1990hathaway

Post by lee1990hathaway » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:50 pm

Afternoon!

Here's what I think:

Steve Dixon - 8/10

Juliette Foster- 10/10

Lisa Aziz- 10/10

Greg Milam- 2/10

Chris Roberts- 10/10

Vivien Creeger- 10/10

Anna Botting- 8/10

Jeremy Thompson- 8/10

Julie Etchingham- 10/10

Kay Burley- -10/10

Mark Longhurst- 8/10

Lorna Dunkley- 9/10

Allan King- 10/10

David Foster- 3/10

Anjali Rao-10/10

Emma Crosby- 9/10

Martin Popplewell- 8/10

Martin Stanford- 9/10

Sheila Jansen- 6/10

Karin Giannone- 9/10

Mai Davis- 3/10

Hannah O'Sullivan- 7/10

Kevin Owen- 8/10

Lee

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:06 pm

~I'm confused aren't we suppose to be rating the presenters from best to worst?

Steven

Post by Steven » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:42 pm

Steve Dixon - 5 - doesn't command an on-air authority

Juliette Foster - 5 - looks too uncomfortable too often

Lisa Aziz - 8 - proffesional, sharp and in control

Greg Milam - 6 - dull

Chris Roberts - 6 - i she trying to present the news or 'This Morning'

Vivien Creeger - 7 - authorititive

Anna Botting - 8 - been doing the rolling news stuff for a while now

Jeremy Thompson - 9 - say no more

Julie Etchingham - 9 - bright, friendly, knowledgable

Kay Burley - 8 - the queen, hate or love her

Mark Longhurst - 7 - mr dependable

Lorna Dunkley - 5 - lovely person no doubt but Sunrise anchor?!?

Allan King - 5 - mr dull, uninspiring

David Foster - 6 - doesn't please, nor displease

Anjali Rao - 7 - great and getting better

Emma Crosby - 6 - crosbyisms can get annoying otherwise what's the problem?

Martin Popplewell - 7 - why on earth aren't they using him more?

Martin Stanford - 8 - brilliant presentation style

Sheila Jansen - 7 - reliable presenter, likeable

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:06 pm

Steve Dixon - 2 - I won't elaborate.

Juliette Foster - 10 - Excellent presenter. Truly marvellous and she's able to pronounce the names of foreigners correctly. If Sky wrote the correct name for Bertie Ahern, she'd be able to pronounce that too. I think she is very comfortable in her job.

Lisa Aziz - 7 - I do like Lisa, would like to see more of her. Clear and straight.

Greg Milam - 7 - Hard to replace Mc.Coy but I think he is a great replacement. Rarely makes slip-ups, I am amased. He talks very fast.

Chris Roberts - 8 - I think he's an excellent presenter, he really brings the news home to us. I thought he was great during the Iraq war.

Vivien Creeger - 5 - I wouldn't want to see much more of her but she's a good presenter.

Anna Botting - 7 - I think she's a good presenter and well suited to Live @ Five.

Jeremy Thompson - 10 - I like the way he is aware that people from Ireland are also watching.

Julie Etchingham - 10 - Intelligent, I liked her on the American election, well suited to Sky News Today, long may she continue to be there.

Kay Burley - 8 -
the queen, hate or love her

- I like her.

Mark Longhurst - 7 - He's a good presenter, but strange character if you ask me. I think he has a good partnership with Kay. They seem to like eachother.

Lorna Dunkley - 6 - I do like her but different time of day.

Allan King - 10 - Good interviewer, clear posh British accent and I admire the way he can keep going for so long on week-ends.

David Foster - 8 - I liek David Foster. I think he has a good partnership with Juliette Foster - are they married?

Anjali Rao - 10 - I give her ten because of the amount of potential she has. Its time to give her a better slot. She is an excellent presnter. Lovely voice, intelligent, well suited to reading the news. I think she's great.

Emma Crosby - 6 - I do like her but does she ever stop smiling? I think she'd be better suited to Sunrise, some smiles to chear us up in the morning.

Martin Popplewell - 4 - I think I saw him make a report once, I think he's better suited to that, otherwise, he is very clear and I've never seen him make a slip up.

Martin Stanford - 8 - I like him. Well suited to sky news today but I'd like to talk to him, teach him a few words like - "Taoiseach" - because Bertie Ahern is not the "President" of Ireland

Sheila Jansen - 6 - Yes, I'd like to see more of her.

My choices don't seem to follow the trend of any of yours. Is it because I'm Irish?

HBox

Post by HBox » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:29 am

Yes I would like to see more of Anjali and Liza Aziz, didn't Sheila use to present World News on Sky, I also quite liked that Your Call programme.

Care to expand on your reasons for disliking Steve, Mr. Byrne, is it because he plucks his eyebrows or his style of newscasting?

Tanya

Post by Tanya » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:04 pm

HBox+Nov 8 2004, 11:56 PM(HBox @ Nov 8 2004, 11:56 PM)

Care to expand on your reasons for disliking Steve, Mr. Byrne, is it because he plucks his eyebrows or his style of newscasting?

No, I would prefer that he stays only by his comment, "I won't elaborate" this time. It's much more mature. And I really don't want to hear about this anymore.

_______

Tanya

Newsroom

Post by Newsroom » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:14 pm

Steve Dixon - 5 - doesn't command an on-air authority

Juliette Foster - 5 - looks too uncomfortable too often

These two I disagree with. Juliette is an excellent presenter, well above the average- she should be used more. She is, along with Julie and Jeremy, THE BEST at conducting interviews with getting the information without being rude. She also looks great, talks great, pronounces difficult words great (CAC40!!) and she has has great on-air charm with her co-presenters; whether it be Jeremy,chris, Allan or whoever.

With regard to Steve, I can see why people dislike him. I think he especially works well with Paula, Emma and Anjali. However I cannot take him as a serious presenter.

Moynahan what was that last comment all about?

Code: #" onclick="selectCode(this); return false;">Select all
QUOTE (HBox @ Nov 8 2004, 11:56 PM)

No, I would prefer that he stays only by his comment, "I won't elaborate" this time. It's much more mature. And I really don't want to hear about this anymore.

rob237

Post by rob237 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:18 pm

Just been reported on News 24 that various libel lawyers, representing several Sky News reporters, are convening this morning to arrange the issue of Writs to numerous contributors of a current Sky News Forum thread, which they consider to be particularly disparaging.

Serves you right

Newsroom

Post by Newsroom » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:26 pm

LOL !!

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:03 pm

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Rob - that is a joke isn't it?