On a scale of 1 to 10

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
HBox

Post by HBox » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:55 pm

I can only imagine two female presenters that get the most stick in these forums.

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:20 pm

I think this was just a little joke that got out of hand.

Maybe we should continue with the original topic?

But I for one think that this forum is balanced. One or two of us have rated a presenter badly and then one or two of us have rated that presenter very highy.

HBox

Post by HBox » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:39 pm

Let's continue with the topic at hand. I think someone just joshing.

AnjaliWOW

Post by AnjaliWOW » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:11 am

Anjali Rao 10

Emma Crosby 10

Kay Burley -10

HBox

Post by HBox » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:08 pm

I think Anjali is up-and-coming, and has a lot of potential. Sky should harness that potential.

Newsroom

Post by Newsroom » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:12 pm

Yes they should harness the potential. But, really, sticking the likes of Anjali and Karin on overnight slots?!? Is that harnessing potential??

AJ

Post by AJ » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:19 pm

It is true that the lawyers are a bit twitchy about Internet Forums. I believe that the audio files were removed from the site at the request of somebody within BSkyB who protects copyright.

That aside, this sort of thread is healthy in my opinion, although that said, I would not want to have negative comments posted about me if I were a presenter.

eagleeye

Post by eagleeye » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:27 pm

AJ+Feb 6 2005, 10:01 PM(AJ @ Feb 6 2005, 10:01 PM)

It is true that the lawyers are a bit twitchy about Internet Forums. I believe that the audio files were removed from the site at the request of somebody within BSkyB who protects copyright.

Whaaaaat? Bloody lawyers. Would someone point out to them that this site gives their clients FREE (not a word lawyers use generally without twitching, I admit) pub-lic-ity.

As for presenter comments, I find it hard to believe that any presenter's ego could be so fragile as to get seriously dented by anything fairly harmless said on these forums. At least they're being talked about!

edofis

Post by edofis » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:53 am

As they say, " the worst thing than being talked about, is not being talked about".

Skybaby

Post by Skybaby » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:10 am

Or the other old saying, "There's no such thing as bad publicity." B)

It's never nice to hear people say bad things about you, and whilst I believe some comments are plain nasty and without justification (i.e. "Blah is a fcukwit. End of story."), at the end of the day if lots of people are commenting that the image you project over the telly is a negative one, shouldn't that be saying something?

Unless of course, you've got the hide of a rhino and don't give a damn, in which case why get upset about what a bunch of strangers say on an internet forum? I do trawls of the internet for Sky News related stuff every so often and I've come across venom and weirdness far worse than anything that's been posted here, believe me.

Incidentally, I was reading a magazine today at the hairdresser's that had an article about Sarah Lockett's stalking. I'd hate to think that any of us would be sick like that.

Regardless, I do agree that threads like this - and the Forum in general - are healthy, and if I was a TPTB person, I'd see this place as a goldmine of free market research as well as publicity.