Who should SNI appoint Chief Ireland Correspondent

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:24 pm

Are you sure that doesn't mean he is Sky in generals Ireland correspondant - notice that whenever Sky UK go LIVE to Dublin, they usually speak to Ray.

Alan Deans

Post by Alan Deans » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:27 am

I Think that Sky News Ireland shoud appoint Gary Honeyford as SNI Chief Correspondent because for may years for Sky News Gary has covered the majority of reports, including the 1998 Omagh Bomb. I would like to point out that it was Gary Honeyford covered this news story, for which his reports were nomiated for an RTS Award were he was highly commened

tippguy

Post by tippguy » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:01 pm

gary is a good corespondant when he decides to work. he usually leaves david blevins and liam craigh all the work but now that david is in washington he has to do a bit. but gary doesnt report from kerry, cork, waterford, tipperary, etc. You see it was a Ireland corespondant I wanted your views on not just a northern ireland corespondant. Its obvious he already is that as liam craigh is back to a reporter and david is in the usa. I no Gary reported a bit in southern Ireland before sni started but you could count on one hand the number of times gary has reported in the south of Ireland. The Omagh Bomb was a norther Ireland story thats why it was nomiated for an RTS Award.

Alan Deans

Post by Alan Deans » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:18 pm

I would like to point out that Liam Creagh is actually a freelance reporter. He owns his own company called Red Box Media Productions. I have spent some time at Sky News bureau in Belfast and would like to point out that there are always stories in Belfast. But these are of no or little intrest to Sky News England.

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:22 pm

Isn't he a Sky Corresponent?

tippguy

Post by tippguy » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:55 pm

no hes a reporter again. either sky made a mistake in calling him a corespondant or it was a very quick demotion. i think he should be promoted. he does way more reporting than gary honeford.

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:42 pm

I'm fairly sure he's a correspondent. When the real Sky News shows a Liam Creigh report, they have him down as a correspodent! - unless I am mistaking.

tippguy

Post by tippguy » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:24 pm

i don't know hes down not on the correspondants list anyway on skypressoffice.co.uk but that hasn't been updated in a while. is he still appering as a correspondant?