Presenters sexuailty

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
NEWSBOY2

Post by NEWSBOY2 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:29 am

Clearly Mr Byrne is one of those people who like to push the limits in seeing how extreme they can get and go beyond whats rational or acceptable. So I dare you Mr Byrne, go full out, terrify us with your unconstrained outrageous views on ethnic minorities, women, asylum seekers, the BNP lol.

NEWSBOY2

Post by NEWSBOY2 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:29 am

#NAME?

HBox

Post by HBox » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:24 am

Mr. Byrne is just trying to provoke a reaction, with some success. But his views, as I have generally thought, depict a small minded individual who thinks in such two dimensional terms which are are not acceptable in any society, except perhaps in his own head.

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:36 pm

I've tried to be as politically correct in this topic to date, because I know it is a touchy subject. - Obviously my attempt at being politically correct have upset some people and I do apologise.

Homophobic is an established term for "prejudiced against homosexuals",

I've tried to highlight every time that I am not prejudiced against homosexuals. - do you want me to elaborate on my Christian stance on homosexuality?

now explain it how is homosexuality unhealty

If I elaborate on that you'll be going mad, do you really want me to elaborate? If so, and if you state in advance that you won't come down on me with a load of bricks, then I will elaborate, but until then, I think I need to think my choice of words a little more carefully. ~Maybe this is a bit off topic

O and Mr Byrne is just a prat!

Again you show how mature you are.

Clearly Mr Byrne is one of those people who like to push the limits in seeing how extreme they can get and go beyond whats rational or acceptable

I'm still not sure what I've done to deserve this

outrageous views on ethnic minorities, women, asylum seekers, the BNP lol.

- ethnic minorities - I'm not racist towards anyone.

- women - They're hard to comprehend at times. - What is it? I'm not sexist, unless you have problems with lap-dansing clubs. I think women boses can be easier to work for. I don't know what you're suggesting here, perhaps you could elaborate.

- asylum seekers - no problem with immigration except I do not agree with those who come and claim loads of benefits and don't work, because thats our taxes that are paying for those. If an immigrant comes here and wants to work, I have no problem, let them bring the family, I WOULD NEVER EVER DESCRIMMINATE AGAINST ANYONE DUE TO THEIR RACE/RELIGION/SEX/CLASS and I've probabley left something out there.

- BNP - I would have more similar points of views with the BNP than I would with the Communist party, however, I'd never vote for them.

But his views, as I have generally thought, depict a small minded individual who thinks in such two dimensional terms which are are not acceptable in any society

Touched a nerve there. Apologies if I seem small minded, maybe we should end this topic right now.

NEWSBOY2

Post by NEWSBOY2 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:53 pm

Lol how can you be not "prejudiced against homosexuals" whilst at the same time think they are suffering from a "disease" ? I'm worried at what you and other people with similar views concept of a disease is, if it can encompass someone's choice of life style without any medical concept. Are vegetarians suffering from some disease?

I'd like to know how you think homosexuality is "unhealthy" . I'm gay, go to the gym most days, eat healthy, and only have safe sex.

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:38 pm

Well, Newsboy, I'm not prejudiced towards gays, obviously I've said something that maybe I shouldn't ahve, I still haven't figured out what yet. - But I don't think I should comment any further on this. I restate that I have no problem with gay people however I do dissagree with the idea of Gay sex but saying that, I do not mind what you or anyone else gets up to in your own privacy. Is that fair? Can we leave it at that?

geordieboi

Post by geordieboi » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:15 pm

MrByrne, i'm afraid i have to agree with the others on this one.

you can say you're not homophobic but with a summary of what you have said so far being :

1. you don't approve of what they do

2. you don't approve of how they dress

3. you don't approve of how they conduct their lives

..then it is clear as day that you have homophobic views. "i'm not frightened of gays" doesn't come into it in any way, shape or form! i'm not frightened of you, but what point does that prove? absolutely none!

in my original post, i said "i am gay, but i don't go around making it plainly obvious". your response of "well done" for "not going around in women's clothes, wearing lipstick and putting on a lisp" - apart from proving beyond any doubt that you're a stereotyping homophobe - suggests to me and others that you don't approve of some (NOT ALL) gay people being able to express how they dress or go about their lives (for the record, no i don't dress up in women's clothes and all of the stereotypical gay person ideals either).

as for you seeing homosexuality as a disease - that is just downright offensive and there is no other way to look at it. personal view or not - it is offensive, it will upset a lot of people, and in all honesty somebody could probably sue you for it and win in this day and age!! if a gay person had typed that he saw straight people as a disease, would you have sat back and accepted that? i think not, yet it is exactly what you have just done with the roles reversed.

you repeatedly state you're not homophobic and don't have prejudiced views towards gay people - yet everything you say is completely to the contrary! you are homophobic, as proven by about 99% of your previous correspondence.

that said, speaking from experience as a gay lad, i've learned that even now in the 21st century, there are people who will say the most offensive things to people like me. you are one of those people. luckily i've taken enough verbal abuse over the years to let it pass, without getting upset and stressed out over it.

and finally, just to clarify your other point about the straight guy in the bar getting told that he was attractive to gay men... that is NOT the same as going up to the straight guy and accusing him of being gay. you have once again completely missed the point. a perfect example being david beckham - he has publically said that when people say he's attractive to gay men and he's a "gay man's idol" and all of that, he likes it! they're not telling him he's gay, they're saying that gay men find him attractive!! (some of them, anyway!) lol

graeme

Newsroom

Post by Newsroom » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:13 pm

I think you should elaborate MrByrne

miss hellfire

Post by miss hellfire » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:42 pm

Goodness me this is turning into " handbags at dawn"

Mr. Byrne has said he does not wish to take this topic any further, and apologises for any offence he's caused.

Agreed, he could have chosen his words more carefully, and much of what he posted i do not agree with but he is a forum member who, like it or not is free to express his views.

He obviously has an appreciation of sky news so he can't be all bad.

Lets agree to disagree and bury this thread once and for all before one of you has a coronary.

Newsroom

Post by Newsroom » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:14 pm

Mr Byrne+Nov 27 2004, 02:04 AM(Mr Byrne @ Nov 27 2004, 02:04 AM)

Well, Newsboy, I'm not prejudiced towards gays, obviously I've said something that maybe I shouldn't ahve, I still haven't figured out what yet. - But I don't think I should comment any further on this. I restate that I have no problem with gay people however I do dissagree with the idea of Gay sex but saying that, I do not mind what you or anyone else gets up to in your own privacy. Is that fair? Can we leave it at that?

I've said something that maybe I shouldn't ahve, I still haven't figured out what yet

Goodness me and you say I lack intelligence? :rolleyes: