Presenters sexuailty

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
Tanya

Post by Tanya » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:22 am

I think our views over this issue have been expressed and cleared up hard enough and that further provocations are really unnecessary!

_______

Tanya

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:50 am

QUOTE]Goodness me and you say I lack intelligence?

When did I say that you lacked intelligence? I believe that you're mistaking me with the gentleman from Tipperary.

I think you should elaborate MrByrne

There have been some interesting proofs by phychologists, I must look it up somewhere, or you could do it yourself.

I am sorry if I offended anyone here, but if I was to continue, well you'd just get more offended. I dissagree with gay sex in the same way that I dissagree with water sports . I'm sure a lot of you here would dissagree with water sports as well as dissagreeing with sex between a human and an animal - before you jump , I'm not comparing it to gay sex, the point of that one is that it will be socially acceptable in the next century.

But I have no problem with Gay people. If I did I wouldn't be talking to you right now and I wouldn't talk to gay people outside of the net either - of course I do talk to gay people outside of the net.

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:11 pm

I think our views over this issue have been expressed and cleared up hard enough and that further provocations are really unnecessary!

_______

Tanya

I just saw that there - agrees.

AnjaliWOW

Post by AnjaliWOW » Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:09 pm

Mr Byrne+Nov 27 2004, 07:54 PM(Mr Byrne @ Nov 27 2004, 07:54 PM)

I dissagree with gay sex in the same way that I dissagree with water sports

But I have no problem with Gay people. If I did I wouldn't be talking to you right now and I wouldn't talk to gay people outside of the net either - of course I do talk to gay people outside of the net.

I agree with you Mr Byrne, I don't have a problem with gay people either, I don't care if a person is or isn't gay, I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a disease though that is a bit much!

What I don't like is when gay people dress up with make up and wear womans clothes and generally prance about like twats!

This makes me sick, it just revolting, really annoys the hell out of me!

If a person is gay then you should get on with and live your life the same as a straight person and that's that and I have no problem with that. It's when you start that other stuff that I mentioned above and I know that not all gay people do that but there is some that do and they are harming the rest of you because they make people like me and most other straight men sick, which makes us dislike gays more and more because this is the image we think off when someone mentions that they're gay.

This is my opinion and I'm entitled to it the same as Mr Byrne is entitled to his, as is everyone. I don't think calling anyone a prat or any other names is helping your arguement.

I think this thread should end because it's pointless!

On another note, Mr Byrne whats wrong with water sports?

HBox

Post by HBox » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:29 pm

It's obvious you all have your own, very strong opinions, but have you tried opening your mind and being more tolerant. As long as a person is not physically or mentally harming you then why not just let them get on with their lives in the manor that they see fit. I know it is difficult sometimes, for example you might not have the same religous beliefs as the next person, if any at all, but you should just accept that people are different and they shouldn't live theirs lives the way you want them to. It's not up to you or anyone else to decide what template other people should fit into.

And as for gay people acting as normal straight people do, well that is just ignorant. It's as ludicrous as saying a woman should act like a man in order to fit into society. I'm sure that kind of narrow minded ignorance offends a lot of gay people.

I wish people would just let go of their predjudices and get on with their lives.

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:35 pm

It's as ludicrous as saying a women should act like a man in order to fit into society

No, no no no no. No its not the same. You are very wrong on that count. I think its more like saying that a man should act like a man.

I hope this is the last message I have to write in this topic

Steven

Post by Steven » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:59 pm

AnjaliWOW+Nov 27 2004, 10:13 PM(AnjaliWOW @ Nov 27 2004, 10:13 PM)

What I don't like is when gay people dress up with make up and wear womans clothes and generally prance about like twats!

This makes me sick, it just revolting, really annoys the hell out of me!

I had vowed not to return to this topic, mainly in protest. But this question is really bugging me:

What about straight men who dress up in women's clothes or gay women who dress up in women's clothes?

Oh and Mr Byrne on the water sports subject - how can you disagree with it? I can see that you may not like it, but how do you disagree with it?

Oh and another thing, let this topic continue. I think that the views of Mr Byrne are disgraceful and those of AnjaliWOW are not far behind. However, as I said to another member, off forum, they have a right to express their personal opinion; after all they are only making themselves look like idiots. Through all the tripe there is some pretty interseting stuff in this topic and I reckon it's one of the most engaging and substantial that this site has seen in a while. It's a pity that I spelt the topic title incorrectly really, oh well.

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:54 pm

Oh and Mr Byrne on the water sports subject - how can you disagree with it? I can see that you may not like it, but how do you disagree with it?

I think that water sports are discusting. I can't understand why any couple would be into that sort of thing.

they are only making themselves look like idiots

You do know that the Catholic church preaches highly against homosexuality. I think that the views of Rome kind of mirror my own. Where as the Catholic church have no problem with gay people (that I'm aware of) they complteley dissagree with the act.

Saying that, I don't understand why you find my views so extreme. There are certain countries where they kill gays! - Iran for example (they used to anyway). The Muslim relgion is much more antigay than the Christian religion and there are muslim countries that execute homosexuals. - I completely dissagree with that of course. But knowing that that stuff goes on, how can you say that my views and the views of Anjali are so
disgraceful

?

What about straight men who dress up in women's clothes

You're talking about the ladyboys? Isn't that on a similar parallel to gay men that dress up in womans clothes? Wether its a gay person or a straight person that dresses up in womans clothes, I think its very strange and am totally against it. (I was going to make a sarcastic remark here, but I'm afraid that some people might not see the funny side of it).

It's a pity that I spelt the topic title incorrectly really

I think the name should be changed and the topic moved to a non-news related forum. - We've really come along way from talking about presenters sexuality.

I had vowed not to return to this topic, mainly in protest... Oh and another thing, let this topic continue... Through all the tripe there is some pretty interseting stuff in this topic and I reckon it's one of the most engaging and substantial that this site has seen in a while

First you say you didn't want to come back in "protest" - explain that please. And then you go onto say that we should keep the topic open?

I don't mind continuing with the topic but we've all said our views, and if we continue, will it not just annoy some people and offend other?

st1407

Post by st1407 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:24 pm

Please allow me to join this topic, albeit briefly, as I have been reading since its inception and am staggered at the lack of knowledge shown by some writers.

I am a gay man, but you would not know that if you met me. I do not wear women's clothes or make-up, nor would I ever want to. I do not lisp or behave in an effeminate manner. This is not a deliberate act to try to appear straight, it is just my natural demeanour. I am a MAN not a woman, and would not want to change that.

However, just as many straight men would not want to be thought of as gay, I do not want people to assume I am straight. I do not consider any sexual orientation to be "better" or "worse" than another; it is what is right for an individual that matters. The fact that I like repairing cars and mechanical things, and can't abide Barbra Streisand or Judy Garland, does not mean I am not gay! Oh, and I don't sing "I Will Survive" either!

Those men who wear women's clothes are predominantly heterosexual and derive sexual satisfaction from doing so. That is their choice, but it is not mine. The vast majority of homosexual men are not limp wristed mincing queens, but normal men who happen to be emotionally and sexually attracted to other men. Some also like women, and then we call them bisexual.

To call homosexuality a disease is, by extension, to call heterosexuality a disease. It is not, it is an orientation.

If anyone disagrees with any of the above I suggest you go into a gay bar and see for yourself what the men there are like; probably more masculine than many of the heterosexual posters here!

I think Mr Byrne hit the nail on the head when he raised the issue of the Catholic Church. I have great respect for every religion, but if someone lives his or her life by any book, whether Bible, Gita or Koran, prejudice will be a likely result. Please remember all Holy works are subject to the interpretation of mankind, and scholars often differ in their views. Doesn't the Old Testament say "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" and the New "turn the other cheek?" Perhaps slightly contradictory!

Anyway, this is badly off-topic, for which I apologise, and I will not post again. I just felt I had to address some of the terrible misrepresentations of gay man.

Thank you.

miss hellfire

Post by miss hellfire » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:28 pm

Mr. Byrne and Anjaliwow.

You've expressed your views about gay men. Tell me, as straight men, are your feelings as strong towards lesbians and bi- sexuals. I'm only asking out of interest, i don't want to pick a fight.