Website?

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
highlander

Post by highlander » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:13 am

Does anyone know what the sky news australia website address is please?

Damian

Post by Damian » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:22 am

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:01 pm

I don't know what Sky News australia is like as I've never seen it, but that web-site is impressive.

MelbourneTV

Post by MelbourneTV » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:07 am

Mr Byrne+Jan 7 2005, 04:17 AM(Mr Byrne @ Jan 7 2005, 04:17 AM)

I don't know what Sky News australia is like as I've never seen it, but that web-site is impressive.

I really dont like the website. Not very newsy at all.

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:44 pm

I really dont like the website. Not very newsy at all.

I looked around at the schedule etc. too. I wish Sky News Ireland was ona s much as Sky News Australia. I think Sky News Australia has huge potential.

tippguy

Post by tippguy » Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:11 am

I wish Sky News Ireland was ona s much as Sky News Australia. I think Sky News Australia has huge potential

according to melbourne tv its not going great

Sky News Australia is poor and cheap

Sky have a very small audience, in fact barely 1million

They have trouble getting people to watch the channel

Damian

Post by Damian » Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:15 pm

tippguy+Jan 7 2005, 09:59 PM(tippguy @ Jan 7 2005, 09:59 PM)

I wish Sky News Ireland was ona s much as Sky News Australia. I think Sky News Australia has huge potential

according to melbourne tv its not going great

Sky News Australia is poor and cheap

Sky have a very small audience, in fact barely 1million

They have trouble getting people to watch the channel

I dont understand how its hard for them to get viewers as with most people here in New Zealand that have Sky Digital say that its the number one news channel of choice getting more viewers than with BBC World and CNN.

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:55 pm

I dont understand how its hard for them to get viewers as with most people here in New Zealand that have Sky Digital say that its the number one news channel of choice getting more viewers than with BBC World and CNN.

I'm sure it would be if its doing australian/New Zealand news (both lovely countries if I may say so. I know a few people living in Australia, its time I went on holiday there). But if only one million people have access to it, and they have very few ratings - then how come Sky News Ireland doesn't have a similar schedule if not bigger one with more Irish news, since more than one million people have access to Sky News in this country.

Do Sky News Australia have a lot of Australian/NZ reporters? Do hotels/pubs/restaurants/waiting rooms in dentists/trainstations etc. have Sky News Australia on during the day? That would bring in a lot of ratings!

Damian

Post by Damian » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:24 pm

Mr Byrne+Jan 8 2005, 10:20 AM(Mr Byrne @ Jan 8 2005, 10:20 AM)

I'm sure it would be if its doing australian/New Zealand news (both lovely countries if I may say so. I know a few people living in Australia, its time I went on holiday there). But if only one million people have access to it, and they have very few ratings - then how come Sky News Ireland doesn't have a similar schedule if not bigger one with more Irish news, since more than one million people have access to Sky News in this country.

Do Sky News Australia have a lot of Australian/NZ reporters? Do hotels/pubs/restaurants/waiting rooms in dentists/trainstations etc. have Sky News Australia on during the day? That would bring in a lot of ratings!

I live in New Zealand and at my school we watch tapes of sky news from the previous day in a current affairs sort of class and if on a day we have access to a tv we generally watch 20 mins a day then do a study on the main news story.

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:30 pm

I live in New Zealand and at my school we watch tapes of sky news from the previous day in a current affairs sort of class and if on a day we have access to a tv we generally watch 20 mins a day then do a study on the main news story.

New Zealand you say, actually (sorry to the aussies) but I'd like to go to New Zealand first

Thats an interesting subject you're doing. Very practical. Very different from my days.