New Studio

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
geordieboi

Post by geordieboi » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:14 pm

still september as far as i know johnnie

SkyFanIreland

Post by SkyFanIreland » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:29 pm

yes September and that's from the horses mouth!

gillw

Post by gillw » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:47 pm

SkyFanIreland+Jun 13 2005, 06:56 PM(SkyFanIreland @ Jun 13 2005, 06:56 PM)

I don't suppose you can give us a clue to your horse?

panther

Post by panther » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:47 pm

Johnnie+Jun 9 2005, 08:31 PM(Johnnie @ Jun 9 2005, 08:31 PM)

Do you know if the launch date as changed? We are still 3 months away from the launch, seems along time for testing and tweaking.

I have started working on a relaunch section http://relaunch.skynewscentre.co.ukhttp://relaunch.skynewscentre.co.uk not much on their at the moment.

I strongly imagine they are still waiting for a number of things:

Some 'big' names to sign contracts, as the rest of the schedule still needs filling up, and they've promised there will be more to come.

A certain amount of audience research before they finalise the schedule

Eamon Holmes to finish his summer break

Waiting for the new Sky EPG and channel numbers to launch at the same time might also be a factor

Finalising technology, adjusting to the new servers, screen tests, dummy shows, and such like.

They will want everything to be just perfect before they go on air, and all this has to be done whilst trying to maintain the regular service. So 3 months is probably nothing.

dirkyt

Post by dirkyt » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:27 am

I am sorry if I seem to be repeating myself - but I hope there is no-one else joining the front line at SKY News. Granted - Eamonn is a big name, yet Ginny and Anna Jones are not that well known.

What is wrong with existing presenters and reporters at SKY? Any more outside appointments will ruin any relaunch in my opinion. Where would they fit into any scheduling and would it mean that those on the sidelines would be rendered useless?

There already is a huge waste of presenters at SKY News.

Besides - if it ain't broke don't fix it!!

Will Riker

Post by Will Riker » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:57 am

gillw+Jun 14 2005, 09:59 AM(gillw @ Jun 14 2005, 09:59 AM)

SkyFanIreland+Jun 13 2005, 06:56 PM(SkyFanIreland @ Jun 13 2005, 06:56 PM)

I don't suppose you can give us a clue to your horse?

Would it be Mr Ed

Breakfast News

Post by Breakfast News » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:44 am

dirkyt+Jun 15 2005, 06:30 PM(dirkyt @ Jun 15 2005, 06:30 PM)

I am sorry if I seem to be repeating myself - but I hope there is no-one else joining the front line at SKY News.  Granted - Eamonn is a big name, yet Ginny and Anna Jones are not that well known. 

What is wrong with existing presenters and reporters at SKY?  Any more outside appointments will ruin any relaunch in my opinion.  Where would they fit into any scheduling and would it mean that those on the sidelines would be rendered useless?

Yes, but Sky News must try to gain new viewers, and by bringing in 'Big Name' anchors, they hope that people will watch them, because Eamonn Holmes or whoever, is now at Sky News.

Agree about Anna and Giny - is Anna the best they can get? Jane Hill would have been a much better poach.

scottish

Post by scottish » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:30 am

Breakfast News+Jun 15 2005, 08:32 PM(Breakfast News @ Jun 15 2005, 08:32 PM)

I am sorry if I seem to be repeating myself - but I hope there is no-one else joining the front line at SKY News.? Granted - Eamonn is a big name, yet Ginny and Anna Jones are not that well known.?

What is wrong with existing presenters and reporters at SKY?? Any more outside appointments will ruin any relaunch in my opinion.? Where would they fit into any scheduling and would it mean that those on the sidelines would be rendered useless?

Yes, but Sky News must try to gain new viewers, and by bringing in 'Big Name' anchors, they hope that people will watch them, because Eamonn Holmes or whoever, is now at Sky News.

Agree about Anna and Giny - is Anna the best they can get? Jane Hill would have been a much better poach.

I agree that Jane Hill would have been a better poach, but she is widely considered to be the next female presenter in line to be a mainstream BBC One newsreader (and has probably been given a very lucrative offer from the Beeb), so a move to Sky is probably not greatly enticing for her.

dirkyt

Post by dirkyt » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:18 pm

Breakfast News+Jun 15 2005, 08:32 PM(Breakfast News @ Jun 15 2005, 08:32 PM)

I am sorry if I seem to be repeating myself - but I hope there is no-one else joining the front line at SKY News.? Granted - Eamonn is a big name, yet Ginny and Anna Jones are not that well known.?

What is wrong with existing presenters and reporters at SKY?? Any more outside appointments will ruin any relaunch in my opinion.? Where would they fit into any scheduling and would it mean that those on the sidelines would be rendered useless?

I hear what you are saying, yet feel that while riding this tide of change is exciting for us - the forum members - it can't be that great for SKY News presenters and reporters, who slog their guts out at Grant Way. Getting new presenters will not necessarily bring in loads of viewers - it may even drive them away.

All this talk of big names will mean a lot of uncertainty. I just really fear for those already at SKY. If I was a presenter I would be concerned at my role within SKY News.

This would be my view if we were discussing BBC News 24 and ITV News Channel. I am very fond and attached to those already with SKY, and like hearing what Juliette or Chris has to tell me when I finish my stint at the gym.

I don't agree with changing anymore faces at SKY just because there is a relaunch. However, I take on board your comments and hope that this is not the main view of Nick Pollard and co.

xxx

Post by xxx » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:23 pm

The new studio is looking very interesting. Although the more set dressing that goes in the smaller the space looks! When it was just an emty space it looked HUGE! Still, working in a new purpose built building (well, its an old building but been completely re-built inside and to an extent, out) is going to be great. I unfortunately don't need to go over there too often at the moment so haven't had the chance to take many pictures - I wanted to have a scrap book of before, during and after pictures which I thought might be cool to have years from now.

Thankfully several of my friends have done just that so I'll be sure to get copies of those!

A rehersal filled summer awaits...