New Studio

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
daved2424

Post by daved2424 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:32 am

On a thread that you started called http://newsforums.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1114New Sky News Lineup

EDIT: There is a more complete one somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

James

Post by James » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:47 am

Here ya go...

WEEKDAYS

6-9am Sunrise - Eamonn Holmes & Lorna Dunkley

9-12 Martin Stanford, Anna Botting & Anna Jones

12-2 Kay Burley

2-5 Mark Longhurst, Steve Dixon & Ginny Buckley

5-6.30 Jeremy Thompson

7-8 Julie Etchingham

Evenings: Chris Roberts & Gillian Joseph with an hour from another signing...

EDIT: Oh and dont expect Chris and Gillian to necessarily do all of the evening together...

skynewsireland

Post by skynewsireland » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:28 am

dirkyt+Sep 11 2005, 02:30 PM(dirkyt @ Sep 11 2005, 02:30 PM)

Incidentally who will be doing late shifts at the weekend with Allan - now that Paula is leaving? Or is Allan going as well?

Is Paula leaving? If Gillian Joseph is confirmed it will be a strange choice, anyone know about what's happening to Sky News Ireland as Julie's show is due to start at seven also?...may I suggest Gr?inne be given the overnight shift....I think Ireland has been inflicted with her for long enough - we can call it payback for all the years we were pillaged by the brits!!..and before anyone gets excited..im only joking!

HBox

Post by HBox » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:32 am

And I suppose your information is reliable, coming from a good source, for example, and high ranking producer at sky who does the scheduling and not maybe, for arguments sake, a cleaner who heard it from someone in the photocopy room, who got it from someone else in the cafe, and so on. Hopefully, this isn't a case of chinese whispers.

And who has confirmed that Paula is leaving?

tippguy

Post by tippguy » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:34 pm

'skynewsireland' i hope your not suggesting having grainne seoige on our screens is a bad thing. come on would you look at her!! anyway not a hope she'd move to the uk

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:51 pm

dirkyt+Sep 11 2005, 02:30 PM(dirkyt @ Sep 11 2005, 02:30 PM)

jamej+Sep 9 2005, 07:04 PM(jamej @ Sep 9 2005, 07:04 PM)

Gillian is going to Sky and will present alongside Chris Roberts until midnight of an evening...

Thanks for that jamej.

Have we any more news on what will become of Juliette and Anjali?

Incidentally who will be doing late shifts at the weekend with Allan - now that Paula is leaving? Or is Allan going as well?

The Weekend's will look a little like this:

6-10am Emma Crosby and Steve Gaisford

10-12pm Saturday with Martin Stanford (w/technofile) and Sunday with Adam boulton

12-5pm Allan King and Anjali, Helen or Ana

5-12pm Juliette Foster and someone else..

I'm sure we'll find out soon!

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:10 pm

jamej+Sep 11 2005, 03:55 PM(jamej @ Sep 11 2005, 03:55 PM)

I think Juliette and Anjali will be weekend presenters or maybe stand-ins, who knows but I should think they will be both staying - otherwise there wont be anyone to present of a weekend.

Also dont forget we have a spare hour in the weekday schedule - I think you can expect another signing for this slot.

We didn't mention this new signing, I thought the Press Office was going to handle the news - that James Rubin, former US State Department Spokesman under Bill Clinton as joined Sky News to present 'World News Tonight' which will air between 8-9pm, Monday to Friday.

skyfan77

Post by skyfan77 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:07 pm

Sky News has confirmed details of the programmes and presenters in its all-new primetime lineup.

The changes come into effect when the channel undergoes its long-anticipated revamp next month. The complete schedule overhaul coincides with a relocation to new, state-of-the-art studios in Osterley, West London.

James P. Rubin, former US State Department Spokesman under Clinton, joins Sky News to anchor a new nightly international show. Called World News Tonight with James Rubin, the programme will air between 8pm and 9pm.

"Foreign news is crucial to Sky News' new programme line-up," said Adrian Wells, head of foreign news at Sky News. "James Rubin, who brings with him years of experience, and an insider's knowledge of foreign policy, will offer viewers an incisive international voice to report, analyse and comment on global affairs."

Meanwhile, BBC Breakfast presenter Gillian Joseph has been poached to anchor primetime alongside Chris Roberts. The pair will front the evening news from 9pm, including the 10pm bulletin, then again from 11pm to midnight. Sportsline, a new half-hour review of the day's sporting action, will air at 10.30pm.

"Sky News is recognised as being the leading 24-hour news channel and I am looking forward to joining its award-winning team at this exciting time," said Joseph. "The evening is a busy news time, reviewing the day's events and looking ahead to the following day's news agenda."

Sky News presenters Kay Burley, Jeremy Thompson and Julie Etchingham, all of whom will have their own programmes as part of the new lineup, are currently in rehearsals developing different formats.

WOOOW!!!

skyfan77

Post by skyfan77 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:18 pm

James P. Rubin, former US State Department Spokesman under Clinton, joins Sky News to anchor a new nightly international show. Called World News Tonight with James Rubin, the programme will air between 8pm and 9pm.

"Foreign news is crucial to Sky News' new programme line-up," said Adrian Wells, head of foreign news at Sky News. "James Rubin, who brings with him years of experience, and an insider's knowledge of foreign policy, will offer viewers an incisive international voice to report, analyse and comment on global affairs."

BTW: James Rubin?s wife is Christiane Amanpour - CNN Chief International Correspondent.

daved2424

Post by daved2424 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:26 pm

skyfan77+Sep 12 2005, 01:47 PM(skyfan77 @ Sep 12 2005, 01:47 PM)

Sportsline, a new half-hour review of the day's sporting action, will air at 10.30pm.

What an original idea!