New Studio

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
martinAnderson

Post by martinAnderson » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:39 pm

I cant tell, are you being sarcastic...

dirkyt

Post by dirkyt » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:45 pm

This was on DigiSpy for the new look SKY News

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds24367.htmlhttp://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds24367.html>

What will happen at half six to seven pm - during the week - more Sportsline?

Perhaps Juliette, Anjali will co-anchor weekend slots with Allan King. Another name not mentioned in the announcements (so far) is Steve Dixon, what will happen to him in the relaunch?

Seems to me all the new names are joining right up there at the top - and not working their way up the ladder. Is this a reflection of News 24's strong ratings? I only wonder what the relaunch will mean to BBC News 24 ratings and whether SKY will climb back to the top?

Next month seems to be the relaunch - yet when in October - the 10th seems favourite!

Hey ho - only time will tell!

SkyFanIreland

Post by SkyFanIreland » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:16 pm

OK

Can we stop all this speculation about Paula leaving, Viv leaving, any everybody else that has been suggested.

The only people who have left and that we know for sure will not be part of the line-up after re-launch are Lisa Aziz and David Foster. Everybody else remains in SKY's employment and could be used for weekends and fill-ins.

Also I spoke to my source at Sky in the past few days and while an October 10th relaunch is still possible, it has been openly suggested that they will not relaunch until the end of October if they are not ready.

SFI

SkyFanIreland

Post by SkyFanIreland » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:18 pm

tippguy+Sep 11 2005, 11:57 PM(tippguy @ Sep 11 2005, 11:57 PM)

'skynewsireland' i hope your not suggesting having grainne seoige on our screens is a bad thing. come on would you look at her!! anyway not a hope she'd move to the uk

It is a bad thing - she's appallingly bad!

Thank God for other channels on Digital Satellite, which means at 7 and 10pm I can tune to Sky News and not have to watch the poor quality product from Dublin!

SFI

Will Riker

Post by Will Riker » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:29 pm

So Sky World News Tonight is coming back after some years off.

dirkyt

Post by dirkyt » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:32 am

SkyFanIreland+Sep 12 2005, 07:24 PM(SkyFanIreland @ Sep 12 2005, 07:24 PM)

OK

Can we stop all this speculation about Paula leaving, Viv leaving, any everybody else that has been suggested.

The only people who have left and that we know for sure will not be part of the line-up after re-launch are Lisa Aziz and David Foster. Everybody else remains in SKY's employment and could be used for weekends and fill-ins.

Also I spoke to my source at Sky in the past few days and while an October 10th relaunch is still possible, it has been openly suggested that they will not relaunch until the end of October if they are not ready.

SFI

I was merely asking what was going to happen with certain folk at SKY News.

I do not have tea with Nick Pollard - so I do not know what is actually happening - just an interest in the way the channel is moving.

But answer this please - with all the new signings where will the rest fit into this schedule. All the slots for the weekday have been announced so Paula, Viv and Sheila etc will not feature here - that would appear to be fact. This was something which was mentioned by a moderator - I am just a humble member.

The weekend only covers two days - so unless they have two to three hour shifts the 'older' women will not be prominent with this relaunch. I doubt the 'B Team' will ALL have a shot Saturday and Sunday. The maths show more have joined than have left.

Speculation goes hand in hand with any relaunch, and I am intrigued - nothing more nothing less! As are half the folk using this site. Yet I am not a perverted anorak who will mark the 10th on my calendar.

dirkyt

Post by dirkyt » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:33 pm

I should also stress I am not slagging SKYFanIreland off with that.

One thing is for sure we will ALL just have to just wait and see.

Will Riker

Post by Will Riker » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:53 pm

SKY WORLD NEWS TONIGHT logo http://usera.imagecave.com/borg/skynewsworldnewstonight1990c.jpg

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:32 pm

The SPO have now comfirmed:

http://www.skypressoffice.co.uk/SkyNews/news/showarticle.asp?id=1849Sky News signs BBC?s Gillian Joseph

http://www.skypressoffice.co.uk/SkyNews/news/showarticle.asp?id=1850James Rubin to anchor new international show on Sky News

Will Riker

Post by Will Riker » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:42 pm

sorry I should have put the old logo.