Charles's Wedding Coverage

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
MelbourneTV

Post by MelbourneTV » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:21 pm

Im not going to plan my day around this - really I dont care!

I do not like Charles, dislike Camilla even more!

I hope Charles never ascends the thrown and passes it on to William. Charles will just do irrepairable damage to the monarchy.

eagleeye

Post by eagleeye » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:56 am

Does Charles have to go to Prince Rainier's funeral too? Bummer for the caterers. Spare them a thought

Easty

Post by Easty » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:06 am

*slaps Sky* They were out done by the BBC. The picture quality was the main let down and too much of Kay interviewing people in the Street.

dotdotuk

Post by dotdotuk » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:02 am

Burley was a disgrace!

She was interviewing people in the street and seemed to ask almost everyone about Charles ex-wife. Who's wedding was it!!

Later after our future King and Queen had left for their honeymoon she interviewed people outside Windsor castle and asked all of them whether they thought the car had gone past too quickly. Most answered yes when faced with this question despite no one mentioning it before she prompted them with it. She finished her report by stressing the dissapointment people were feeling at only seeing a glimpse of Charles and Camilla!!

Very bad journalism. I wonder if she is like those pathetic few we saw on these forums recently who want to deprive Charles and Camilla of their happiness and destiny because Camilla isn't Diana?

Steven

Post by Steven » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:22 pm

Although I didn't see a great deal of the coverage, I saw Kay Burley interview at least 10 people. I thought she didn't a brilliant job of extracting comments from the 'commoners'. I never saw even the slightest glimpse of negativity towards the the newly-weds. I fear dotdotuk is indeed guilty of the very accusation he is throwing Kay Burleys way!

geesyub1987

Post by geesyub1987 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:18 pm

I watched bit, but I changed to Sky Sports 1

I hope they are not receive the crown and go away to somewhere!

dotdotuk

Post by dotdotuk » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:30 pm

Steven+Apr 9 2005, 10:26 PM(Steven @ Apr 9 2005, 10:26 PM)

Although I didn't see a great deal of the coverage, I saw Kay Burley interview at least 10 people. I thought she didn't a brilliant job of extracting comments from the 'commoners'. I never saw even the slightest glimpse of negativity towards the the newly-weds. I fear dotdotuk is indeed guilty of the very accusation he is throwing Kay Burleys way!

I wrote what I heard

Sky Lad

Post by Sky Lad » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:23 am

I didn't hear Kay ask anyone about Princesss Diana but if she did I wouldn't say it was bad journalism. I think Sky's coverage was great

There are some people who are against the wedding because of the Diana situation and Kay and Sky's job is to report the news from different angles.

Including the angle of
those pathetic few we saw on these forums recently who want to deprive Charles and Camilla of their happiness and destiny because Camilla isn't Diana?

I didn't think that the coverage was negative. It wasn't as if it was a normal royal wedding so I think the coverage suited that.