Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to Fox News

Home - Fox News - Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to Fox News
Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to Fox News

Fox News presenter Bill O’Reilly will not return to the channel following allegations that he sexually harrassed women, the company has confirmed.

In a short statement 21st Century Fox said:

“After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the Company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel.”

In April 2017, The New York Times reported that O’Reilly and Fox News had settled five lawsuits against O’Reilly dating back to 2002. Previously, only two settlements, to Andrea Mackris, a former producer and former Fox host Juliet Huddy, were publicly reported

The Times reported that Fox hosts Rebecca Diamond and Laurie Dhue settled sexual harassment lawsuits in 2011 and 2016 respectively and junior producer Rachel Witlieb Bernstein settled with Fox in 2002 after accusing O’Reilly of verbal abuse.

The 67-year-old, who presented ‘The O’Reilly Factor’ on Fox News, joined the network at the very start in October 1996. The program was routinely the highest-rated show of the three major U.S. 24-hour cable news television channels and began the trend toward more opinion-oriented prime-time cable news programming.

Update on Wednesday 19 April 2017
richard-conway-Image-002

Sports correspondent Richard Conway has announced he is leaving the BBC later this year. “Some personal news – I’m leaving the BBC this summer after 8 amazing years reporting sports news,” Richard told his Twitter followers. “Thank you for listening,… Read more

paul-harrison-Image-022

Former news correspondent Paul Harrison has announced he is leaving Sky News. “After 22 extraordinary years working on and off-screen at Sky News on some of the biggest stories of our lifetime, I am pleased to have been appointed to… Read more

Simon Thomas Book – Love Interrupted – Navigating Grief One Day at a Time

Former Sky Sports Football presenter Simon Thomas will release his first book next month. ‘Love, Interrupted – Navigating Grief One Day at a Time,’ will be published via Trigger Press on 13th June 2019. “When Simon Thomas lost the woman… Read more