Tyne Tees TV presenters, Jonathan Morrell and Philippa Tomson are the latest ITV Regional Presenters to be axed from their positions.
Morrell and Tomson, North East Tonight presenters, will present their last bulletin in February.
Pam Royle and Ian Payne will present the main evening bulletin, which will cover the whole of the current North East, and Scottish border region.
Morell has fronted North East Tonight since taking over from Mike Neville who left due to ill health in 2005. Philippa joined Jonathan in the Autumn of 2006.
All presenters were asked to re-apply for their jobs and were subsequently interviewed.
Tomson will take up the role of Weather Presenter.
Current Border Staff
Helen Pearson will be doing the GMTV Bulletins. Tim Backshall and reporter John Bevir will become correspondents and Fiona Armstrong will present features for the merged region.
The new reporting team includes Hannah Lomas, Stuart Pollitt, Victoria Hoe, Olivia Richwald, Lee Madan and Kathryn Samson.
ITV is cutting the number of regional news outputs in England and the Scottish borders from 17 to 9.
1. North – replacing the North East (North and South) and Border. (Presenters: Pam Royale and Ian Payne)
2. Granada – No change.
3. Yorkshire – replacing Yorkshire (North and South) and part of the current Central East region.
4. Wales – No change.
5. Central – Central West, and the remaining part of the Central East region merging.
6. Anglia – both East and West merging. (Presenters: Becky Jago and Jonathan Wills)
7. South West – Merging the West and Westcountry.
8. Meridian – Merging Meridian East, Meridian South and Thames Valley regions.
9. London – No change.
planned ITV Regional News map