Sir Trevor McDonald will Sign off from News at Ten for the final time tonight.
News at Ten’s viewership is slightly boosted this week by the return of I’m a Celebrity get me out of here!
It was announced a few weeks ago that Mark Austin will replace Sir Trev on News at Ten.
Sir Trevor McDonald said: “I’ve tremendously enjoyed the opportunity to help re-establish News at Ten over the last year, but I’ve made no secret of the fact that I cannot be in the presenter’s chair forever. Anchoring ITV News’s live coverage of a hugely exciting and historic U.S. election seems the opportune moment to leave on a high.”
An ITV spokesman said McDonald will continue hosting the National Television Awards and working on ITV’s current affairs Tonight programme.
Tyne Tees – the ITV television franchise for North East England – is celebrating 60 years on air today. It launched on 15 January 1959 from studios at a converted warehouse in City Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, remaining in the… Read more
BBC weather presenter Dianne Oxberry has died from cancer at the age of 51. She died at the Christie hospital in Manchester on Thursday morning (10th Jan). Totally, utterly, completely devastated. Just can’t believe we have lost the lovely hugely… Read more
Sky News will tweak its daytime schedule starting from Monday 7th January 2019. The main changes will see Ian King Live move from 6.30pm to 1.30pm, and Sky News Sunrise reduced to three hours. 06.00am – 09.00am: Sky News Sunrise… Read more