Sir Trevor McDonald will leave ITV News at Ten Tonight!

Sir Trevor McDonald will leave ITV News at Ten Tonight!
Updated on Thursday 20 November 2008 by @TVNewsroom

Sir Trevor McDonald will Sign off from News at Ten for the final time tonight.

News at Ten’s viewership is slightly boosted this week by the return of I’m a Celebrity get me out of here!

It was announced a few weeks ago that Mark Austin will replace Sir Trev on News at Ten.

Sir Trevor McDonald said: “I’ve tremendously enjoyed the opportunity to help re-establish News at Ten over the last year, but I’ve made no secret of the fact that I cannot be in the presenter’s chair forever. Anchoring ITV News’s live coverage of a hugely exciting and historic U.S. election seems the opportune moment to leave on a high.”

An ITV spokesman said McDonald will continue hosting the National Television Awards and working on ITV’s current affairs Tonight programme.

Posted in:

ITV News at Ten presenter Tom Bradby is celebrating 30 years at ITN today. Thirty years ago today, I walked into ITN to begin my first job as an Editorial Trainee,” said Tom on Social Media. “The time since has... Read more

Tony Morris Tribute – 1963-2020 – ITV Granada Reports

ITV regional news presenter Tony Morris has died at the age of 57. He died at Bury Hospice on Saturday after being diagnosed with kidney cancer last year. His daughters, Natalie and Rebecca, were at his side. Tony had presented... Read more

Former ITV News correspondent Harry Smith has died. Harry, who began his career in 1969 as editor of local newspaper Forfar Dispatch, died suddenly on Friday morning, his family confirmed. In a statement published on social media this morning, Harry’s... Read more