You're here: Home - News - Al-Jareeza: Banned from Kuwait No Comments

Al-Jareeza: Banned from Kuwait

The Arabic TV station is barred from Kuwait after broadcasting footage of a meeting protesting about a government crackdown.

All offices in Kuwait have been shut down. The station broadcast news of an opposition National Assembly member in defiance of government warnings.

Al-Jareeza said that they have been accused of meddling with the country’s current affairs.

Updated: Monday 13 December 2010

The BBC, ITN, Sky, ABC News, NBC News and Reuters have signed an open letter to the Egyptian authorities concerning foreign correspondent Peter Greste and two more Al Jazeera journalists. Since 29 December last year the foreign correspondent Peter Greste has been held with two…

On December 29, 2013, Three Al Jazeera journalists – Peter Greste, Mohamed Fahmy and Baher Mohamed – were detained in Egypt, and their colleague Abdullah Elshamy has languished in prison without charge for six months. On January 29, 2014, the three were among 20 journalists…

Al Jazeera America will launch on Tuesday 20th August 2013. The US based news channel will provide both domestic news and international news for American audiences. The new channel will be based in New York City. In addition to the existing Al Jazeera news bureaus…

The Al Jazeera journalist who went missing in Syria on April 29th is back in Doha, Qatar. An Al Jazeera spokesman said: “I’m delighted to let you know that Dorothy Parvaz has been released and is safe and well and back with us in Doha….