Fox News presenter Bill O’Reilly will not return to the channel following allegations that he sexually harrassed women, the company has confirmed.
In a short statement 21st Century Fox said:
“After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the Company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel.”
In April 2017, The New York Times reported that O’Reilly and Fox News had settled five lawsuits against O’Reilly dating back to 2002. Previously, only two settlements, to Andrea Mackris, a former producer and former Fox host Juliet Huddy, were publicly reported
The Times reported that Fox hosts Rebecca Diamond and Laurie Dhue settled sexual harassment lawsuits in 2011 and 2016 respectively and junior producer Rachel Witlieb Bernstein settled with Fox in 2002 after accusing O’Reilly of verbal abuse.
The 67-year-old, who presented ‘The O’Reilly Factor’ on Fox News, joined the network at the very start in October 1996. The program was routinely the highest-rated show of the three major U.S. 24-hour cable news television channels and began the trend toward more opinion-oriented prime-time cable news programming.
Matt Lauer – the host of morning news programme ‘Today’ – has been fired by NBC over an allegation of sexual misconduct. “On Monday night, we received a detailed complaint from a colleague about inappropriate sexual behaviour in the workplace by Matt Lauer,” said NBC….
CNN has appointed Sky News’ foreign affairs editor, Sam Kiley, as senior International correspondent. Sam – who joined Sky News from the Times newspaper in 2010 – will be based at CNN’s Middle East hub in Abu Dhabi. “CNN is the world’s most watched news…
Roger Ailes – who built Fox News into a money-making ratings powerhouse – has died at the age of 77. “I am profoundly sad and heartbroken to report that my husband, Roger Ailes, passed away this morning,” his wife, Elizabeth, said in a statement. “Roger…